Waterfowl

I finished up my season today with a public land pair and a little bling. Never made it to either of the swamps this year.

Never would I have believed it. For forty years - it was good to great. Over the last five years, it has just gone away. I have finally been killing a few ducks - but it isnt even duck hunting - it is deer hunting. Find a dozen or two and leave them undisturbed. Return the next morning, dont put out a decoy, and hope you are in the right place when they come in. Over in 20 minutes.

Every year, I think it cant get any worse - and it does. We have been extremely dry this year, with many of the sloughs we hunt being dry as a bone. I hope next year, with at least a little rain, will bring back a few ducks.

In my forty some odd years of hunting in this state, I have lived to see the demise of quail, rabbits, turkeys, and now ducks. Deer hunting is good, but as cwd spreads across the state, with the liberal regulations - that too, will pass.

You best like to predator and hog hunt - because those are fast becoming your only choices.

It sucks. I'm in the same situation on Lake Okeechobee. For years, killed teal every morning of my vacation, done in 10-15 minutes if I wasn't careful. Hauled my duck boat home 4 years ago cause there were no ducks to chase. Okeechobee is a combination of too much pressure, FWC spraying and killing all of the duck food, the construction of filter marshes full of food and no pressure. Really sad...

121CF40E-017F-4A53-B477-B0988E7AC084.jpeg

I used to be in a club about six miles away from it and had the chance to guest hunt Claypools once twenty years ago.
Amazing place with some AWESOME history.

Was lucky enough to hunt Beaver Dam once a little further south and up at Long point in Ontario a couple times too.
The old time duck camps are very cool.

Teal season 2022

0girJ63.jpg

G4bSTNl.jpg

Way to rub it in,its so dry here we could probably land them on a wash tub filled with water,nice job

Teal season 2022

0girJ63.jpg

G4bSTNl.jpg
NW Ohio, or are you on the road? My marsh in NE Indiana is filling up with water, as we speak.

NW Ohio, or are you on the road? My marsh in NE Indiana is filling up with water, as we speak.

Local

I swear that dog knows what’s up and is posing like a movie star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just changed the carb on my old sneak box motor so I can haul it to the street with a for sale sign.

Actually after I got it running I got that itch….

We open in the morning. Hope I have a fraction of the luck you are.

Good Luck! Hope to see some sweet pics of you covered up with them.

No pics. 2 of us did manage to squeak out 6 teal. There are some around, but it's thin. The marsh we hunt was non stop birds all morning, lots of woodies and mallards. Those little brown woodies sure make you look hard in teal season. We also killed the only 3 geese that were in our decoys.

Fun morning, 4 blue wing, 1 green wing, and 4 geese. Should have had six teal, lost one in the grass.

Got the carburetor on then needed plugs and I broke the choke cable. that all came in so it runs good now. In the driveway anyway. Seriously thinking about giving it a run.

IMG_1140.jpg
IMG_1135.jpg

4CB7E2AA-3DC0-4924-8F36-92F6E4F210A2.jpeg

Grandson #2’s first wild game pic.

Ohios veterans waterfowl hunt today with an Army buddy. We had a fantastic morning.