Waterfowl

Looks good we saw a few this morning had trouble getting them where we wanted and was trying to get my daughters first duck,she hammered a big ole drake.It was the first thing she shot flying and with a shotgun except for turkey.

Great job buck and gobler!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My gun broke so I had to wait on my brother to shoot his, then he handed the gun to me. It was a great day.

Slow today. One drake mallard each.

Man you are wackin and stackin em!
How do your duck numbers compare this year vs this time last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Odd year. Lots of guys saying there aint no ducks and we are staying on them. Ill be out again this sunday. High of 37 with snow predicted. Only issue is predicted light winds.

In the last month and a half in between chasing deer and uplands we did some duck hunting, looks like they are pushing in decent with this cold weather. The field hunting should be turning on soon.
vrUZ9dw.jpg

SZJeznE.jpg

RPv1lQ6.jpg

3xZVEXK.jpg

iNAVfVS.jpg

sffLsU3.jpg

Last edited:
Pintails and woodies... doesn't get more beautiful than that (and a band also)! Well done.

In the last month and a half in between chasing deer and uplands we did some duck hunting, looks like they are pushing in decent with this cold weather. The field hunting should be turning on soon.
vrUZ9dw.jpg

SZJeznE.jpg

RPv1lQ6.jpg

3xZVEXK.jpg

iNAVfVS.jpg

sffLsU3.jpg

Wow! those birds around the big lake area? I've been hunting across the IN/OH line from there a little. Have a great place with huge potential, it will be stellar next year with a duck plot and being able to control water.

We got a big push yesterday. Ill be hunting sunday in the snow.

Wow! those birds around the big lake area? I've been hunting across the IN/OH line from there a little. Have a great place with huge potential, it will be stellar next year with a duck plot and being able to control water.

Yep, have all been taken within a few miles of the house.
Two weeks ago we had a nice push through that lasted a few days, I didn’t get out but it sounded like a battle going on out in the lake a couple mornings.

H20 next time at the blind can you take a picture of the outside of your dog deck?My big blind looks just like that but no dog deck,tomorrows project is to put in some kind of opening for my jerk rig.The mallards really moved in lately but waiting on deer season to be over

H20 next time at the blind can you take a picture of the outside of your dog deck?My big blind looks just like that but no dog deck,tomorrows project is to put in some kind of opening for my jerk rig.The mallards really moved in lately but waiting on deer season to be over

Sure, will do.

Double like the waterfowl photos; especially with involvement of younger hunters ... keep the sport alive!

Cold, snowy, and a little slow. I still shot 4 mallards.
20191215_082938.jpg20191215_125654.jpg

Was that today?SC Kansas and all we had was drizzle,still taking kids deer hunting so we will hit them next weekend

Was that today?SC Kansas and all we had was drizzle,still taking kids deer hunting so we will hit them next weekend
Did you get any ice? We had a lot of clear ice on everything today due to the freezing drizzle.

Did you get any ice? We had a lot of clear ice on everything today due to the freezing drizzle.
While hunting it snowed, sleeted, and I had freezing rain as well.