Wallace woodstock nursery

Nova

5 year old buck +
Anyone order from this place? I tried ordering last spring and never got a response. Placed another order two days ago and again did not get a response. Seem to have a great selection and good prices.

I personally have not but I have seen some pictures on here of very nice trees others have purchased from them.

I bought 6 apple trees from them this spring. I'm very happy with them. I'm getting 6 more for next spring. They have several locations, which one are you trying to deal with. I use the one from Neillsville and pick up my trees as they are less than 30 miles from my property. I'll be going there the week of the 20th to place net springs order.

The crab also produced 3 apples this year.

Last edited:
I've gotten stuff from them the last couple years. It's a family run business and who ever gets to the phone first takes your order. Let's just say that sometimes the "oldest generation" has a little problem with details once in awhile. They made it all good when I went to pick up stuff tho. They don't go out of their way to tell u what rootstock they use but stuff is good shape and survival has been great...

Anyone order from this place? I tried ordering last spring and never got a response. Placed another order two days ago and again did not get a response. Seem to have a great selection and good prices.

They are clearly internet and email challenged ... :)

Have ordered twice from them and you have to not assume anything with the order, call them and over manage what you want and when shipping/pick-up is to be coordinated. this year I picked up 9 - 5-7' pear trees that they spend a ton of time making sure I understood how to transplant them.

I drove there this spring (200 plus miles) to pick-up my order. They are truly nursery people who have no clue how to organize a business that has now been introduced to the world wide web.

If you are a yuppie who wants to order habitat trees who does not want any effort in the process, avoid them.

Truly good people with and lot of knowledge and a local flare. I will do business with them again ... ;)

Tree Spud sums it up pretty well. Good people but Amazon efficiency they are not. I even did reconfirm stuff a couple weeks before I picked up my trees but somehow the note she made never made it into their computer... But to cut them some slack they do a great job hiring local high school kids to bolster their work force during crunch time and have to do a lot of coaching to make these kids get it right. Means they are trying to be 10 places at once and sometimes a few details go awry.

I bought 6 apple trees from them this spring. I'm very happy with them. I'm getting 6 more for next spring. They have several locations, which one are you trying to deal with. I use the one from Neillsville and pick up my trees as they are less than 30 miles from my property. I'll be going there the week of the 20th to place net springs order.

The crab also produced 3 apples this year.

Tooln ... what apples trees did you order?

I received a nice looking chestnut crabapple from them this past spring. Very happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I've had good luck with their trees. I have 3 dolgo, 3 centennial, 5 chestnut and 3 Whitney crabs from them. This year I also got 3 honey crisp from them as well. I always pick them up in Neilsville.

I could call them, but I filled out the order form from their website and set it to their email. Guess I don't think I should have to beg them to give them business.

Plenty of places in MN to pick up Bailey's Nursery trees. Pretty sure that's where W-W gets their trees from too.

Thanks, I will look a little closer to home.

Plenty of places in MN to pick up Bailey's Nursery trees. Pretty sure that's where W-W gets their trees from too.

I know they get trees from Starks. Some may also come from Baileys. I've found WW trees to be undersized and overpriced. I get mine 15 minutes from the farm at Dennis Smiths of Osseo. I get 1" caliper trees that come from Baileys.

Tooln ... what apples trees did you order?
One each
Connell Red, ripe mid Oct.
Cortland, ripe late Sept.
Gravenstein, ripe late July
Honeygold, ripe mid Oct.
Wealthy, ripe mid Sept.
Whitney Crab

Before i learned to graft i planted this spring 2014. Chestnut Crab from WW i think its on M111 as i think thats the primary rootstock that use if i remember right. Its about 12 feet tall ir so now.
3e78b93b1d14405da4da1a396d9df809.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk