Video of a southern plot with small grains radishes and clover

Baker

5 year old buck +
Been playing around with youtube and created this video that among other things shows the amazing difference between radishes planted with small grains and clover in Sept. vs. October. For those above the mason dixon line you can see what a southern food plot looks like in February.

Great video Baker! Some amazing fields as well as a great explanation on what you are doing.

Are you starting a video series aimed at growing food for deer? I like where you have been heading with your multi species plantings, reduced chemicals, and crimping.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wow, nothing green like that around me in months!
I’m curious to see those field after you drill in the spring. Hope you do follow up..

Great video Baker! Some amazing fields as well as a great explanation on what you are doing.

Are you starting a video series aimed at growing food for deer? I like where you have been heading with your multi species plantings, reduced chemicals, and crimping.

Growing deer for food will be part of it. I have a thread on TexasBowHunter site called "A Year In the Life of a Farm" . Been running it for a while similar to the farm tour sites on this thread. Cover everything we do on the farm here including organic gardening, timber mgt. , herb gardening, bees and honey, fruit orchards, pollinator gardens,...and the list goes on. This year I decided to experiment with adding video hence starting a youtube channel. I call it" farm and ranch life." Certainly food plots and growing deer will be a big part but I hope to appeal to a larger audience with a broader palette .Input always appreciated.

For chuckles here is the intro to the channel

Growing deer for food will be part of it. I have a thread on TexasBowHunter site called "A Year In the Life of a Farm" . Been running it for a while similar to the farm tour sites on this thread. Cover everything we do on the farm here including organic gardening, timber mgt. , herb gardening, bees and honey, fruit orchards, pollinator gardens,...and the list goes on. This year I decided to experiment with adding video hence starting a youtube channel. I call it" farm and ranch life." Certainly food plots and growing deer will be a big part but I hope to appeal to a larger audience with a broader palette .Input always appreciated.

For chuckles here is the intro to the channel

Sounds great, I am interested in many of the same things. I subscribed and am awaiting the next show!

I'll check out your YouTube and maybe even look at Texas bowhunter. I'm interested in everything you've listed. If it's anything like your other videos it should be good stuff.

Its well worth a visit to the site

bill

That’s very cool Baker, I enjoyed both videos and subscribed to your channel, looking forward to the next one!!

Very good information, thanks for sharing Baker. That is a heck of a shed you have at the end too!!!