Valuing a turn key MN property

Being a farmer makes that easier for tax purposes. I still write off every mile I drive to my property as well. Im guessing you have some good neighbors in Mo to keep an eye on things there. Heck I worry being 45 minutes from my property that some dipshit will mess with stuff. Having great hunting can make the little things less worrysome though.

Funny you should ask. I have a dentist that has a property across the street from me with a little shack on it and a pole barn. Because we have hi-speed internet, he has 7 cameras pointed in every direction at my place and his that he can view from his house in KC. And they record anything that moves, lots of deer in the yards when no one is around as well. Plus I have the only neighbor that lives by me that watches over our property like a hawk. She carries a 357 Magnum and is not afraid to use it. She just emailed me that she ran someone out of the area that stopped for 10 seconds on the gravel road between our places. I would not want to mess with her, believe me!

Vacation rental through CL and VRBO night provide some income as well. I know some people with a cabin on 20 acres 45 mins north of Duluth that rent it out year round for 110 on weeknights and 130 on weekends. People drive almost 3 hrs from the cities to sit in the cabin and read books during the winter. People rent it during the fall for deer and grouse hunting as well. They give permission to people to hunt for no extra charge and also has 100s of acres of state land nearby. Has electricity but no plumbing. Has outhouse and wood stove sauna. Your place being closer to the cities and having the fishing ponds seems like a good sell.