Tried a new apple for eating

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
I tried a new apple (to me) a few days ago. A local orchardist was selling them for the first time. It's called "Rosalea." Anyone ever hear of it or try it before??
We've kept them in the refrig. since we bought them. Really crisp, firm, and juicy as can be. Sweet & tart at the same time - good tang to it. A new favorite for me, for sure. My wife, who's not a big apple fan, LOVES them and has been hammering them daily. Gotta get more!!!

I tried a new apple (to me) a few days ago. A local orchardist was selling them for the first time. It's called "Rosalea." Anyone ever hear of it or try it before??
We've kept them in the refrig. since we bought them. Really crisp, firm, and juicy as can be. Sweet & tart at the same time - good tang to it. A new favorite for me, for sure. My wife, who's not a big apple fan, LOVES them and has been hammering them daily. Gotta get more!!!
A cross between Honeycrisp and Fuji. There's been a lot of hybrid crosses with Honeycrisp since Honeycrisp's patent expired.

We have a Honeycrisp cross here in NY called Snapdragon that is an excellent eating apple as well.

KinderKrisp is a winner for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we get KinderKrisp, or this Rosalea trees for ourselves yet?

I had a bunch of Pixie crunch this year. It’s my new favorite apple.

A cross between Honeycrisp and Fuji. There's been a lot of hybrid crosses with Honeycrisp since Honeycrisp's patent expired.
It's funny you said it's got Honeycrisp in its genetics. After I bit into my first Rosalea, it reminded me of Honeycrisp's texture, crispness, juiciness - but with more tang & tartness - which my wife and I like a lot. Great apple for eating IMO. I'll be buying more Rosalea.

Thanks for the info!!

Since my first post on this thread on Oct. 4th, my wife and I have bought 1 1/2 bushels of Rosalea from that orchard - 1/2 bushel of which went to our oldest son. He tried a Rosalea, loved it, and asked us to pick up a 1/2 bushel for him. He's not normally a big fan of apples either. If any of you guys get a chance to try a Rosalea apple - give 'em a shot. Not affiliated to Rosalea apples in any way - just a new fan of them.

I found out a bit more info on Rosalea apples. They're a later apple, some being picked yet locally in early November. It's a very FIRM apple, and VERY juicy. I have no info on DR, but will keep trying to find out. Professor Kent ......... any DR info on Rosalea???