Treestand Recommendations

Thomasc19

A good 3 year old buck
I'm looking to get 1 new hang-on treestand and 1 new climber; does anyone have any recommendations? Any models you think I should stay away from?

My main concerns are ease of transportation / setup / quietness

Thanks for the advice!

When I was still using deer stands I had a SUMMIT climber that worked pretty good. I'm sure there have been lots of improvements since. That was almost 20 years ago.

I was going to say a lone wolf sit and climb but good lord they $700 used on eBay. If you are rifle hunting and just need to jack up a tree and be comfortable, summits and api’s will do the trick but they are like carrying a recliner on your back.

For hang ons, if I need to be mobile it’s lone wolf or those elevates look good. If I’m hanging it and leaving it, I like the millenniums

Got to agree with bwoods...the Millennium Monster 150's are my go-to for hang on stands. Pricey....but worth every penny and they excel at your 3 concerns...portability, ease of set up, and quietness. I have one M100, the M150's smaller version, and that too is great.

Another vote for the M150. I think it is more comfortable than most ladder stands. Buy a couple of the collars if you know you will have a few different trees to set it up in but don't want or can't have a have a permanent ladder stand for that spot.

Does the m150 seat fold up so you can stand close to the tree instead of sticking out?

I am a big fan of the XOP hang on stands. They are lightweight, comfortable, easy to hang, and always quiet. They are a little cashy nowadays - about $200 around me.

I am a big fan of the XOP hang on stands. They are lightweight, comfortable, easy to hang, and always quiet. They are a little cashy nowadays - about $200 around me.

XOP is what I use for a lightweight "portable" "mobile" stand. Basically a Lone Wolf type stand but made in china and cost a lot less.

My steel milleniums are "hang and leave" stands. They are more cumbersome for hang and hunts but are a little bigger/more comfortable than XOP if it's not going to be getting set up multiple times a year. Being steel, they are priced better than the ultralight portable AL options too.

Another vote for the M150. I think it is more comfortable than most ladder stands. Buy a couple of the collars if you know you will have a few different trees to set it up in but don't want or can't have a have a permanent ladder stand for that spot.
Sportsman’s Guide has good price on the M150. If you buy a 3 month membership you get free shipping.