Tree Stand Deals!

Looked at ladder stands a few places recently. Settled on a Summit Outlook Ladder Stand (Crush series). Bought it at Mills FF for $250. Seems a bit more than I wanted to spend.....but I really liked the platform and seat size and weight capacity of 300 lbs. HUGE platform and seat that kinda wraps around.

This thing is really functional for a long sit and ability to position for a good shot at a wide range of angles. The floor gets attached to the tree....which makes it more sturdy IMO.
Seems safe with the shooting rail all around too. Have not read any reviews on these....so I suppose I stuck my neck out. Just finished assembly.....and I feel good about what I bought.

Not sure it's a qualified "deal".....but it sure seems to be a nice stand. :)

Last edited:
I know this is off topic a little, but, with all the talk about ladders, figured I'd bring it up.

the biggest issues I have with ladders are that most are too short (95% of my stands are in the honest 20-30' range to the platform) and I can't match them to the tree's cover (can't shift them up a couple feet to use the split, branches, other tree that has a branch that extends to mine, whatever).

You can help off set all of that by simply cutting branches (oaks work well) and attaching them to the back of the tree and to the stand. You can generally thread the branches between the stand, strap, tree, platform and so on, but a combo of super heavy duty zip ties and wire can get them almost anywhere you need them. With a little extra work, there's no excuse to stick out like a turd in a punchbowl.

Great tip Steve, Thanks

I like the two seaters for extra room and because you can put your tree to your side and shoot against it for more coverage around you.

I've only got one of them right now, but I have it facing a ridge line deer travel over, and my back to a bedding area about 30 yards to the rear. I can shoot both sides of the tree giving me 360 degree options. I also wrapped it in a painters drop cloth to cover my legs. I leave that up year round so the deer don't even pay it any attention anymore.

For all-day sits; Nothing comes close to my Summit Dagger SS climber. I could sleep in that thing!