All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tree Plug Info Wanted

I think I do somewhere, I'll look on my computer for one. I guessing some are 7-8 feet after 4 years
Northern Minnesota hardy or were these planted in Iowa?

Northern Minnesota hardy or were these planted in Iowa?

Great survival in west central minnesota
I'm 1 hour 15 minutes west of St. Cloud

You are hauling arse to make it to south of Alex in 75 minutes ;)

Yes true. I can do it though, most of it is I-94

How about depth control Bill? I have 500 Red Cedars to do this spring and your method make work great!
Just drill a few holes and test fit them. Once you know where you want to stop slap some duct tape around the drill as a marker.

500 will be a snap.

And those NCR red cedars are tough. I left 1/2 array out in the shade one summer and they lived.

Planted at least 1000 three years ago. No weed control. They have Been swalloed by weeds yearly. Not real tall yet but they there still alive.

Some day they'll get above the weeds.

I'm doing cedar this spring too, did u do any weed control? My Norways get bit or destroyed by turkeys or something ever dang year.

Stu set me up with a great place to buy tree plugs at North Central Reforestation.

I ordered 75 Red cedars and 75 Norway spruce styro20 from here today. Going to take the Red cedars and make some pockets in my switch grass plantings.

I ordered 75 Red cedars and 75 Norway spruce styro20 from here today. Going to take the Red cedars and make some pockets in my switch grass plantings.

That should work well

Good combo