tree id help

beau_cephus

Yearling... With promise
I came across a large tree this morning while hunting on the farm and it had signs of wildlife feeding under it. I assumed it was some sort of white oak but couldn't find any signs of acorns. Below are a few pics of the leaves and bark. Any clues on what species this is?

IMG_20170102_083331314.jpg
IMG_20170102_083324695.jpg
IMG_20170102_083303337.jpg

Columnar oak?

I believe that is the Blackjack Oak, I have thousands of them. Usually the acorns are small like a DCO.

I believe that is the Blackjack Oak, I have thousands of them. Usually the acorns are small like a DCO.
Looks like Post oak, in the white oak group.

Looks like Post oak, in the white oak group.
I originally thought it may be a post oak x white oak hybrid. I guess I may have to wait until it gets acorns to see if I can figure it out.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Post oak will have much deeper lobes and will look like a cross. 100% certain it's a blackjack as I went out to one a second ago and confirmed it just in case I had lost my mind

Post oak will have much deeper lobes and will look like a cross. 100% certain it's a blackjack as I went out to one a second ago and confirmed it just in case I had lost my mind

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I was able to get some additional photos in April while turkey hunting. I’m leaning bur oak? Still no acorns to check
b48abbb550ab3d6abbac5c19e7af2254.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk