Trail camera tree mount.

Deer Kar

5 year old buck +
image.jpg
My neighbor just dropped off 5 of these homemade trail camera mounts. Slick as Sh$t. He just welded a nut on the end of a screw in step tacked 2 bolts together to make an L. Used lock washer and wing nuts. Camera screws into it perfect. Can be adjusted in every angle. Beats the heck out of straps. I put several cameras in same spot now I can just leave the step in and just take the camera. He doesn't even own a trail camera. Good guy!!

Looks great. Nice idea and looks pretty straight forward. Do you mind getting a couple closer picks with the unit un-assembled, I might try building a couple.

Poor trees...

Looks great. Nice idea and looks pretty straight forward. Do you mind getting a couple closer picks with the unit un-assembled, I might try building a couple.
image.jpg
On one of them he used a locking nut instead of a lock washer.

Some people have creative minds and can weld. I lack both skills!!!!

Every time you screw one of those in you create a wound and a defect. If you leave it too long, the tree will also try to grow around it (which is usually successful, the times it isn't is due to rot at the wound) and then you have a metal inclusion which could harm someone when it's cut or milled.

I gave all my screw in steps away. I don't allow them on my land. I move cameras around a lot so straps are my preferred method. If I was going to have a single spot, I'd set a t-post and mount to that.

Just my .02...

I also don't use screw in steps anymore but that's because I took one in the eye while climbing into my stand, knocked me right out of the tree. Had to walk back to my truck not knowing if I my eye was still fully there then got a ride to the emergency room. Hate those damn things!

I inherited them out of an otherwise beautiful red oak along with a tree stand that was left behind.

There are a lot of nice trees on my land which have been destroyed by the hunters of years past. I have 16 penny nails in over a dozen 14" trunks up through the first log. :(