Trade grasshoppers for wolves?

strawhead

5 year old buck +
I think I might chose grasshoppers over wolves if I had the choice. 2015-7-21a (13).JPG 2015-8-8 Cable Rd (3).JPG 2015-8-8 Crossroads (37).JPG 2015-8-8 Rd Turnips (4).JPG 2015-8-8 SW WR (4).JPG 2015-8-29 West Rd (12).JPG 2015-8-29 West Rd (13).JPG Date on one pic is wrong.

I'll stick with grasshoppers...wolves pass through here from time to time, but no established packs (and the ranchers around here will keep it that way)
ditto, except one litter about 10-15 years ago that did not last too long.

I'll take neither.

I'm with G&G on this one - keep'em both!

you are lucky, our coyotes get that big.......

you are lucky, our coyotes get that big.......
And ours are bigger than yours. I have a pic from last week that looks almost as big as those. It amazes me the difference in size of yotes from my house to my camp only 1 hour away. I might start hunting a little in your neck of the woods. My uncles place south of Norwich is in desperate need of a habitat manager. How is your herd looking? I know they went heavy on the doe permits for a few years and the herd around him is way down.

With grasshoppers you don't have food for the deer. With Wolves you don't have deer to feed!

I can't see them they are so small

Some of those in the OP look like yotes. Or am I totally alone in thinking this?

One might not be a wolf, almost looks like a wolf/dog hybrid. All the rest are wolves.

Either way they are bad news and can really hurt a deer population. A little "ground ID" may be in order.......

First is my 95lb lab. Second is probably looking for what leaves the strange scent markings.2015-9-9 Rd (5).JPG2015-9-9 Rd (6).JPG

And ours are bigger than yours. I have a pic from last week that looks almost as big as those. It amazes me the difference in size of yotes from my house to my camp only 1 hour away. I might start hunting a little in your neck of the woods. My uncles place south of Norwich is in desperate need of a habitat manager. How is your herd looking? I know they went heavy on the doe permits for a few years and the herd around him is way down.
my buddy has a great 400 acre farm about 30 miles NE of Norwich. lots of ag in his valley. He rents his fields to a neighboring farmer who puts in corn and alfalfa. The last time i was up there to archery hunt in 2011 i counted 43 deer in a 9 acre alfalfa field with about 30 mins of light left. I havent hunted up there since 2012 but there were always TONS of deer.....lots of yotes too...big yotes. They have killed several 50lb'ers in the last 10 yrs and a 62lb'er back in 2004.