Tractor for plotting?

foggy

5 year old buck +
So how about a little discussion on a tractor like this for plotting and mowing. Put a rear finish mower on this or under the belly. Keep expense in order and get the work done? Only thing lacking is 4WD. Price? What say you?
http://stcloud.craigslist.org/grd/5176092413.html

Looks nice to me..is this a re badged LS ?

I''ll give this a go, the tractor looks in decent shape for the year, FEL a plus, can't tell if the back tires are weather checked or that's moisture anyways maybe new tires are in the future. I personally don't care for the turf tires but I don't have a use for them like mowing a big yard, my experience is they don't clean out in mud and slip on wet surfaces, my FIL has a JD 4310 with 4WD and it seems his tractor needs the 4WD more than it should because of the turf tires that being said he also uses it for mowing his yard with a 5' finish mower and the tires work great for that. I guess I would say it's a,decent price for the tractor being it has a FEL. The sickle bar would only be good for mowing plots and large area trails, I have been seriously thinking of one of these for cutting instead of rolling food plots.

Last edited:
^ Yep I think the tractor looks good too.....especially in light of its age. That light gray paint has a way of showing any rust.....so it always needs to get freshened up.

Those tires are pretty good in my eye. I think they have a bit of moisture on them that makes them appear checked.....but they are not (?). I've never owned turf tires on a tractor this size.....but I have heard some good reports regarding their traction in snow. If your pulling a plow or disk they may not be the best tho.

That tractor has a front mounted hydraulic pump (on the crankshaft) which really makes those loaders perform. Then too.....it's an "industrial quality" loader model.....which will take some heavy duty work. Not sure how easy those forks come off.....but it's said they are removable. I think they would work good for grubbing in the woods and debris clean up. The tractor looks great for it's age....and that 3000 series tractor is a winner. Always be a buyer for one of those if you want out.

Ample power for that size tractor.....and a diesel outta sip fuel. I can see a rear mounted mower on the back and adding a 5 or 6 foot tiller or a six foot mounted disk. Lots to offer in an affordable small tractor......IMO. Just lacks 4WD......and that is not "necessary" for many of us and a little common sense. ;)

I'd pass on that sickle mower....unless your making hay. Put that money toward a rear cutter or possibly a belly mower.

If it runs good and checks out well.....I'd say it's a fair deal.

Looks like it's gone already. Price must have been right.