Tractor dilemma

I grew up farming, and as for the 4x4 options. I had a 4x4, and several 2wd's. I will say, I got stuck a lot more after I got 4wd, just because, I knew I had 4wd. But before I bought a 4wd, I was a lot more cautious, and knew I wouldnt make it, so I didnt try. With 4wd, I knew I might make it, or if I was in a 2wd, I had the 4wd to pull it out. I got stuck a lot more! Horse power wise, go big or go home. FEL and Hydro wise, unless you are clearing sites daily, or clearing snow daily, its not a game changer, at least for me.

I grew up farming, and as for the 4x4 options. I had a 4x4, and several 2wd's. I will say, I got stuck a lot more after I got 4wd, just because, I knew I had 4wd. But before I bought a 4wd, I was a lot more cautious, and knew I wouldnt make it, so I didnt try. With 4wd, I knew I might make it, or if I was in a 2wd, I had the 4wd to pull it out. I got stuck a lot more! Horse power wise, go big or go home. FEL and Hydro wise, unless you are clearing sites daily, or clearing snow daily, its not a game changer, at least for me.

Having is FEL is a big thing in terms of how aggressive I am with the tractor. I know I can drag or push myself out with the bucket... :emoji_smile:

The tractor I use for some of my food plots is a 33hp with 4x. The 4x gets used often. If I have the tiller down and turn sharp (especially if its even slightly uphill) It can spin. It doesn't get stuck per say but i'm stopped because my tires are spinning. The same goes for mowing with the 3pt. brush hog. If it is in 4x it never spins.

I have a Kubota 4330, 4x4, FEL, R-4's, HST. The HST is convenient, but I think it sucks more power than they say. If I had to do it over, I'd go with a manual gearbox. The only drawback with 2wd is using the FEL. I spin the tires pretty easily with a load on the FEL, and that's with filled tires and a tiller on the back. If you are mostly running a brush hog I'd rather have a 6 or 7 ft hog than a little 4 or 5 footer, so would lean towards the bigger tractor.