All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top Secret Plot Blend Revealed

SD51555

5 year old buck +
Ok, it got you to click in here at least. Here's the plot recipe for this coming year. I am going to blend all my own seed. I've got to figure out how to give the pumpkins the halo they need to get going, but other than that, what do you think?
plot pic.PNG

I assume you are blending by the pound. Radish seed is much smaller than rye. I would look at the maximum suggested amounts of radish per acre and make adjustments. Same thing with the brassica.

Im planting a similar mix as plot 1 but instead of pumpkins I'm adding spring peas. I haven't had any luck with pumpkins but my peas did well and had a fair amount of use early and late. The peas mature first while the soybeans stay green.

I assume you are blending by the pound. Radish seed is much smaller than rye. I would look at the maximum suggested amounts of radish per acre and make adjustments. Same thing with the brassica.
Yep. Those are the percentages of each seed's full broadcast rate per acre.

Im planting a similar mix as plot 1 but instead of pumpkins I'm adding spring peas. I haven't had any luck with pumpkins but my peas did well and had a fair amount of use early and late. The peas mature first while the soybeans stay green.
I figure the pumpkin try will cost me about $12 and take an extra 45 minutes worth of work. I just want to give it a try once to see if we can get em going. If not, I'll give the plot a sprinkle of rye later on to fill in.

I like the idea of sorghum in all these mixes. Great security for feeding deer should work out well.

Might also give me a shot at a grouse with my plinker in case we're in another dismal population year.

SD-I totally bit on the title! I am such a sucker!
SD should be selling this blend for suckers, I mean Mn. fish. Just kidding, no offense intended. I fell for it, also.

:D