Took a weekend off....

D

dipper

of killing coyotes to drink Busch light and spear fish. Not much of fishermen, but one heck of a Busch light wrecking crew!
C145C7D1-C838-45BE-B076-A484A1425732.jpg

Is that a sturgeon?

What do most people do with a sturgeon once they get one? Wall mount, eat?

I once had smoked sturgeon-excellent. That was probably 40 years ago.

Are they in the shallows this time of year? Don't they usually hang in deep water? How do you get 'em?

They frequent the shallows, especially this time of year, as they are staging for spawning. You lure them close to your hole with a decoy and spear them from inside a darkhouse, see the long handled spear with the rope on the right side of the photo.

It's early for that Wisc. I go on Winnebago, you just try to find clear water, and possible food. Dead shad and worms. This one was at 6 feet but we were in 16 ft of water. 2nd one in 15 years for our shack. Haha
They are a lot more successful in the upper lakes because they are so shallow. I don't think poygan and butte de morts get over 10 feet. A lot easier to see them if the water is murky, which it usually is.
It's more of a social event for me, a sad one at that. I think it's worse than hunting mn! Alcohol levels that off.

Upper lakes sucked this year so far, only 126 taken as reported last evening on the news.