Too Early to Broadcast Clover?

Victor Van Meter

5 year old buck +
It is going to be 70 here in SE Ohio today and above freezing for the foreseeable future with rain for the next few days. Just curious thoughts on broadcasting clover in the next few days and the likelihood of it germinating and living. Thanks.

VV

Had always seen frost seeding dates of Feb 15-March 15. A few years ago I broadcast on March 9th onto 4 inches of quickly melting snow. Produced the best clover plot I ever had.
I'm a little farther north in PA, but will be broadcasting in the next week or so onto existing plots. Good luck!

Thanks guys. Looks like I will head to the feed store on the way home from work and pick up some white clover.

I got some spread into 2 food plots and then it rained for a few hours through the night. I put down a mix of Ladino and Legacy. They were the only 2 varieties of white clover my feed store had.

VV

Be pateint, perennial clover is slow to get started. It'll start to show well into the fall.

Be pateint, perennial clover is slow to get started. It'll start to show well into the fall.
Well, patience is not my strong suit! I am not seeing any germination of what I broadcasted. We have had several bouts of rain and many warm days. I have also seen turkeys in the plot as well, not sure if they helped themselves to the seed?

I’ve found especially with ladino it takes it a little to take off had a few plots I swore were a bust then they were completely covered in clover and still going strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk