Todays project

Nice work tooln.

A little experience with crushed granite: I put some down at my home for a fire ring. That stuff packs very well and really stays put. A great choice for walkways, where water could erode the surface.

At my prior cabin....we had a steep hillside with a trail going down the hill for occasional cars but mostly for a lawn tractor to maintain the land between our cabin and the lake. That crushed granite acted almost as well as a poured surface. Stayed in place thru some pretty heavy rains. Could be used in retaining wall type senarios.....such as a building perimeter if not made to be too steep. Heavy stuff......likely weights 3 x that of gravel.

Now that's a sight to make me jealous with... There's a lot of muddy trails on my place right now.

Tell me about it. I'd have to say 25% of my trails have muddy ruts. I had 34 yards delivered today, half of it has been spread on the trails. I took delivery of my tractor in Dec. with 3 hours on the meter. 72 hours on it today.

You have about 6 more hours than I do of seat time, but I've moved 340+ yards of rock. :p

You have about 6 more hours than I do of seat time, but I've moved 340+ yards of rock. :p
I look at those pictures and figure you guys are blood brothers!

Maybe twins in some alternate universe. :D

Maybe twins in some alternate universe. :D
You have different colored tractors to tell each other apart?

Something like that.

I'm the older one. Sometimes the eldest is the wisest. Notice I said SOMETIMES. :D Time to head out 17+ yards more to move.

Only one truck load per day? Slacker! lol

You're also hauling it farther than I had to. I'm just giving ya crap.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaa Jim's teasing me. Make him stand in the corner.

You're also hauling it farther than I had to. I'm just giving ya crap.
I know.

Hauling is the time killer round trip is just over 8 minutes. Getting longer every day.

Last edited:
Getting a spot ready for the camper.

I got my scabbards mounted, then removed again. I need to add some more stuff to these, then paint.

20150704_194421-1.jpg

I also mounted my cup holder at long last. This spot keeps it out of the controls and out of the line of sight. I guess these are made for some coffee mug for bikes, but they hold everything from pop cans to big gatoraid bottles. The top strap is rubber and adjustable, so even if the bottom can't swallow the cup, it'll still stay put. Been using one on my atv for 3.5 years.

20150704_192608-1.jpg

Didn't get much else done since I had to help launch boats for the in-laws.