Tisas 1911A1?

Congrats Cat, be sure and post some pics when you get it !

Yes congrats

That's great news Catscratch. Would love to see it when it arrives.

Not trying to steal your thunder Cat, but here is a website pic of my 10mm that remains unspoiled BTW. I’m gonna remedy that this weekend if I can. IMG_3808.jpeg

Not trying to steal your thunder Cat, but here is a website pic of my 10mm that remains unspoiled BTW. I’m gonna remedy that this weekend if I can. View attachment 58090
No thunder stolen at all! That's a nice looking gun. Tell me about it a little. The only Tisas I've looked at are the Army replicas (I still want one).
Screenshot_20231004_212014_Gallery.jpg

I’m not really much of a handgun guy but I do like the lines of a 1911

I’m not really much of a handgun guy but I do like the lines of a 1911
I'm mostly a shotgun guy but there's a lot of history with a 1911 that I'm fond of, plus I like them too.

Well, I’m a handgun guy, have been since I bought my first one at the tender age of sixteen. There’s no telling how many thousands of rounds I have put through the many handguns I have owned. To be fair, over half those rounds have been .22 LR or centerfire reloads, because that’s the only way I could afford to shoot so much. At sixteen, I had worked all summer and saved most of my money, (the woods and creeks called my name much more than girls did at that time), and I had my brother-in-law buy a Smith and Wesson Model 53 for me. A new Cadillac could not have made me happier. When my buddies hunted with .22 rifles, I hunted with my revolver. I am not bragging when I say I got damn good with it. Armadillos, snakes, squirrels, rabbits, even the first coyote I ever saw, fell to that gun, because it was the only handgun I owned. Young eyes and young reflexes plus the natural outlook of youth contributed to my skill I think. I wish I had those eyes and reflexes now. I don’t shoot nearly as much as I used to, and believe me, it is a perishable skill ! I can still shoot well enough with a good rest and some kind of optic, but my days of standing on my hind feet with iron sights are over except at self defense ranges. If I’m hunting, I have a scope or a red dot on my gun.

Now, to the Tisas 1911. I’m not a 1911 guy, although I’ve owned several. I’m a “plastic fantastic” guy when it comes to carry guns. I carry a Smith & Wesson Shield Plus 9mm or a Taurus GX4, also 9mm, every day I leave the house. I used to tote a Glock .40 caliber. I love my Glock 20 in 10mm I used to carry it to the stand when I was bowhunting after a couple of boar hog encounters in the dark. 😁I’ve killed several hogs with it and it’s a hammer ! The 10mm is my favorite auto pistol round but the gun is just too heavy to carry concealed every day. It’s Cat’s fault all the way around that I am now the owner of the Tisas 1911. He mentioned wanting one, I went to the website and saw the one in 10mm, and…..done deal. This gun is a beauty. The fit and finish is as good as I’ve seen on guns costing almost twice as much. It comes with two eight round mags and a fitted hard case. I haven’t had time to shoot it since the temps have cooled off, I’ve been busy with food plots. I’ve about got those wrapped though so I’m gonna try to rectify that soon.

Well, I’m a handgun guy, have been since I bought my first one at the tender age of sixteen. There’s no telling how many thousands of rounds I have put through the many handguns I have owned. To be fair, over half those rounds have been .22 LR or centerfire reloads, because that’s the only way I could afford to shoot so much. At sixteen, I had worked all summer and saved most of my money, (the woods and creeks called my name much more than girls did at that time), and I had my brother-in-law buy a Smith and Wesson Model 53 for me. A new Cadillac could not have made me happier. When my buddies hunted with .22 rifles, I hunted with my revolver. I am not bragging when I say I got damn good with it. Armadillos, snakes, squirrels, rabbits, even the first coyote I ever saw, fell to that gun, because it was the only handgun I owned. Young eyes and young reflexes plus the natural outlook of youth contributed to my skill I think. I wish I had those eyes and reflexes now. I don’t shoot nearly as much as I used to, and believe me, it is a perishable skill ! I can still shoot well enough with a good rest and some kind of optic, but my days of standing on my hind feet with iron sights are over except at self defense ranges. If I’m hunting, I have a scope or a red dot on my gun.

Now, to the Tisas 1911. I’m not a 1911 guy, although I’ve owned several. I’m a “plastic fantastic” guy when it comes to carry guns. I carry a Smith & Wesson Shield Plus 9mm or a Taurus GX4, also 9mm, every day I leave the house. I used to tote a Glock .40 caliber. I love my Glock 20 in 10mm I used to carry it to the stand when I was bowhunting after a couple of boar hog encounters in the dark. 😁I’ve killed several hogs with it and it’s a hammer ! The 10mm is my favorite auto pistol round but the gun is just too heavy to carry concealed every day. It’s Cat’s fault all the way around that I am now the owner of the Tisas 1911. He mentioned wanting one, I went to the website and saw the one in 10mm, and…..done deal. This gun is a beauty. The fit and finish is as good as I’ve seen on guns costing almost twice as much. It comes with two eight round mags and a fitted hard case. I haven’t had time to shoot it since the temps have cooled off, I’ve been busy with food plots. I’ve about got those wrapped though so I’m gonna try to rectify that soon.

Ya know.... I'm a little proud that I could contribute to your addiction/affliction. I know how seriously you like your wheel guns and for me to have influenced you into a metal semi is pretty significant! I like my Glock an awful lot when it comes to carrying around and shooting. My 17 just never disappoints and I shoot well with it (for me, compared to other guns).

My 17 just never disappoints and I shoot well with it (for me, compared to other guns).

That right there is a good reason to like a pistol ! If it runs and you can shoot it, what’s not to like ?

Teaser...Screenshot_20231006_111729_Gallery.jpg

Oh my! I don't think I could have gotten a nicer one unless it was out of a museum. Absolutely perfect for what I wanted, better than I hoped for. The gun shop guys had already had it out and were ooing and awwing over it. 1942 A1 and she shoots great. Not much in the world that feels better in hand than this thing. CMP outdid themselves and I was very fortunate!
Screenshot_20231006_142224_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231006_142242_Gallery.jpg

That makes me jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did well Cat ! If only it could tell you where it’s been and what it’s seen. Truly a piece of history !

Very cool!

A little more on the gun. It's a 42 frame marked "P" for WW11, but the slide is a 44 (also marked "P") as indicated by the Stick Horse of that yr instead of the Rampant Pony. Also no serial number under the firing pin stop plate indicates a 44. And I think the barrel is from the 90's. I'm good with all that as the slide is hardened in key area's and the barrel shoots great. Previous slides weren't hardened and prone to cracking.
Screenshot_20231010_184825_Gallery.jpg
My 44 slide pony.
Screenshot_20231008_113846_Gallery.jpg
The pony on my 1918 1911.
Screenshot_20231010_184839_Gallery.jpg
No slide serial #. Just an X.
Screenshot_20231010_184816_Gallery.jpg

Not trying to steal your thunder Cat, but here is a website pic of my 10mm that remains unspoiled BTW. I’m gonna remedy that this weekend if I can. View attachment 58090
Got to ask... did she get dirty last weekend?