Time to lighten up - Laughter is good medicine Part II

Sits in the garage. Seriously considering selling it for a drill. It’s a little sentimental though cause me and my dad rebuilt it but thank you
I've got a 442 convert that I do nothing with. Need to sell it too.

Sits in the garage. Seriously considering selling it for a drill. It’s a little sentimental though cause me and my dad rebuilt it but thank you
I've got a 442 convert that I do nothing with. Need to sell it too.

Still in my shop but sold on EBay last week. Waiting to hear from the export company in California. She’s headed to New Zealand believe it or not.

Last of my old cars. I just don’t have time for all my passion's so it’s time to pair things back. 1/2 of a 30X40 barn was full of Mopar muscle car parts. Empty shelves now.

IMG_2872.jpeg

If you happen to have a ‘70-71 Cuda Hemi laying around, look me up.

I've had the bug come and go for an old car again.....or a street rod.....and then a rat rod. I resisted and I'm glad I have done so. For me....this hobby would wear thin in a few outings. You gotta like to hang out at car shows if you got a real street rod.....and you gotta like to clean and detail if you drive it. Neither of these are my strengths. Then comes the cost of garaging, insurance and the cost of possession. No thanks.

I've had the bug come and go for an old car again.....or a street rod.....and then a rat rod. I resisted and I'm glad I have done so. For me....this hobby would wear thin in a few outings. You gotta like to hang out at car shows if you got a real street rod.....and you gotta like to clean and detail if you drive it. Neither of these are my strengths. Then comes the cost of garaging, insurance and the cost of possession. No thanks.
At our age, we need enough things to keep life interesting, but we also realize that memories are good enough for other things.

For me that includes memories of wandering the mountains for elk or of spending weeks in Canada fishing. I may be reaching that point with bow hunting for Whitetails as well.

At our age, we need enough things to keep life interesting, but we also realize that memories are good enough for other things.

For me that includes memories of wandering the mountains for elk or of spending weeks in Canada fishing. I may be reaching that point with bow hunting for Whitetails as well.
Yep.....if I have trouble sleeping.....I just start recollecting an old hunt I was on. Or sometimes I go through my food plots at night....thinking what can be added or some such thing. In my Stoney Point Days.....I did some of my better designing in my dreams.....or as I call it "coasting". Sometimes I had to get up and draw a print in the middle of the night.....or make a list. Glad those days are gone!! Grin.

I got interviewed by Ron Shara once at the SHOT Show for a STIB article. He asked me where my ideas came from......and I told him some came in the shower in the morning and other were in my dreams. lol....he put it in the Sunday paper.

Still in my shop but sold on EBay last week. Waiting to hear from the export company in California. She’s headed to New Zealand believe it or not.

Last of my old cars. I just don’t have time for all my passion's so it’s time to pair things back. 1/2 of a 30X40 barn was full of Mopar muscle car parts. Empty shelves now.

View attachment 60139
68 Charger ... first of new design, 67 was smaller and a slant back. My 68 Charger was candy apple red with black leather interior and black vinyl top and the 383 power plant. Pretty strong hole shot and decent off the line. Loved that car and still can't figure out why I sold it to my nephew who promptly wrecked it. Used the money for grad school. Oh, how I wished I had it back over the years, yea, I know .. wish in one hand and spit in the other to see which one fills up first.
Production run estimates on that charger were around 36k; they sold almost 99K. Its coke bottle design with flared quarter panels and sleek hood shape was a hit with consumers.