Time to do the fall projects....

foggy

5 year old buck +
Got the well pump off....and put on the hand pump for deer cleanup. Readied the "hanging tree"....but did not get an anchor in the ground yet (someone wanted to see my tree). Converted three of my box blinds to take a filter, hose and big cylinder for heat. Should cut the cost and hassel of small propane tanks. So much to do....so little time. Going hunting tonite.

My cutter is gong to spend the winter outside. gas.JPG tree.JPG pump.JPG Anything with a PTO shaft gets removed and oiled and covered up for the snow season.

Ooops....wanted to show my beat up ole King Kutter. I paid $525 for this 5' cutter about 5 years ago to help clear and tame my land. I've run over countless rocks and stumps and beat the tar out of this thing. Last year it was so bent I had it reworked, gusseted, and welded a bit and spend about $300 on it. Maybe not the smartest thing to do as it's been pretty beat up. Still....it's working fine again. I have to store this outside, so I pulled the PTO and covered the gearbox with a pail. I will buy a new PTO shaft safety shield this year. Been limping along with a bad one for too long. I put a grade 5 shear bolt in to replace a grade 2....as they shear too easy. I've sheared a few grade 5's....but they hold up much better. This one is bent....and I wonder how smart the grade 5 trick is. (its all good till you break something else....right?) Being I'm on the lower end in terms of PTO HP for this series tractor.....I think I'm safe.
cutter .JPG

When I bought this cutter, I could look down from the tractor and see the blade tips spinning.....so I added the angle iron extension and put on some safety chains and expanded metal to minimize the chances of getting hit with debris. So far so good. :D A better, heavier duty cutter is in my future. Hopefully it will not get as abused as this one, and last a long time.

I like your skinning rack an pole shed in the back! Looks like a well thought out camp to me:)

I like your skinning rack an pole shed in the back! Looks like a well thought out camp to me:)
Yeah.....sometimes I think I'm into hunting....just because I like the tractors, machinery, projects, guns and gadgets. Kinda an equipment junkie I think. :D

Yeah.....sometimes I think I'm into hunting....just because I like the tractors, machinery, projects, guns and gadgets. Kinda an equipment junkie I think. :D
Me too! I think all of us drawn to this place are of similar personality types.
I have never known what it's like to be bored. Always somthjng to "tinker" with. My wife says I "entertain myself" I tell her if she would entertain me I wouldn't have to;) I'm with you on the guns an gadgets. I find reloading ammo fun if I'm stuck at home. My latest interest is small solar panels an LED lighting.
Can't wait to get a hunting camp up an running soon

Tom-I'm waiting for a picture of you with that great buck and 'the new crossbow.

One request- shush a couple of those bucks north about 15 miles by Nov. 8.