Throw more cereal rye?

I'm in a similar situation except I am going to rely on whatever is left from a few weeks ago to go ahead and germinate. It may very well be zero, but I am tired of throwing money at this drought. Its gonna have to wait until next year... 😂
Yea the weather has been down right depressing. I have 100 lbs of oats and 50 lbs of Winter peas that arent getting planted. Had hoped to overseed my clover plots with more clover, but not going to bother with that until late Winter.

Guys that can't get the rye to germinate---don't know what to say, I've had spilled rye start growing on my truck bed. Rye seed left in my broadcast seeder will germinate and grow 4 or 5" in my dark shed with no moisture. I'd think something must be eating the seed or the seed itself is bad, don't know what else it could be.
If rye grew with no moisture it'd all be growing in the bag.
I cleaned out the back of my pickup the other day and cleaned out a bunch of un germinated rye seed that was spilled in there in September or August.
If you get moisture, then yes, rye is about bulletproof.

I planted rye a strong week ago. This is the weather I'm looking at. It'll be interesting to see if this gets rooted down and comes up in spring.

1698184083137.png

Turkeys left for now probably because of the bobcats that showed up. But the coons are living in my plot digging up the rye and wheat even after germination. But green is good.

If rye grew with no moisture it'd all be growing in the bag.
I cleaned out the back of my pickup the other day and cleaned out a bunch of un germinated rye seed that was spilled in there in September or August.
If you get moisture, then yes, rye is about bulletproof.
I was saying the rye grew that tall sitting in my shed and I know for a fact it wasn't raining inside my shed. Thanks for the captain obvious shout out though.

My wr did not germinate this year broadcasted on labor day weekend. It was bone dry for 45 days and now finally getting rain. What does everyone think if it does not germinate this year. Can I broadcast 200 pounds per acre next spring if so when do I plant in west michigan and if it does catch how long would it take to get to the dough stage.

My wr did not germinate this year broadcasted on labor day weekend. It was bone dry for 45 days and now finally getting rain. What does everyone think if it does not germinate this year. Can I broadcast 200 pounds per acre next spring if so when do I plant in west michigan and if it does catch how long would it take to get to the dough stage.

It won’t head out if spring planted. Spring forage barley would get there the fastest. Probably take 8 weeks after germinating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk