This Friday ... UGGH!

Tree Spud

5 year old buck +
This Friday, they are forecasting daytime temps of 39 F dropping to 25 F with winds at 23 mph and 20% chance for rain/snow... :eek:

Wind seems to either suppress deer movement or make them real jumpy.

"When life gives you lemons, find someone who's life has given them vodka..."

It's a shift. I'd look for the warmer bedding area and draw a line to the current food and water, triangulate the wind and sit in between it.

I start hunting Saturday morning. Low of 15deg Friday night so it will be chilly Saturday morning. I'm OK with supressing deer movement on Friday. ;)

"When life gives you lemons, find someone who's life has given them vodka..."

It's a shift. I'd look for the warmer bedding area and draw a line to the current food and water, triangulate the wind and sit in between it.

LOL!!! I like that one ...

That was my plan. I have a stand hung near a creek bottom funnel that has thick travel cover and good bedding that leads to the ad fields.

A NE wind will be perfect for this stand.

I'm heading out late Friday after a Halloween party . My 16 yr old I hope will go with me but I think his friends girlfriend is bring a friend for him ,since all of a sudden he really wants to go with us to this party . Last 2 yrs we made him go and he was not overly happy about it

I'm heading out late Friday after a Halloween party . My 16 yr old I hope will go with me but I think his friends girlfriend is bring a friend for him ,since all of a sudden he really wants to go with us to this party . Last 2 yrs we made him go and he was not overly happy about it
Well he's definitely got "hunting" on his mind then. Scouting for some "white tail", not so much for the "whitetails".:eek: After all, the rut is starting.;)