Thinning...

Maya

5 year old buck +
MFDC2143.JPG

MFDC2147.JPG

I'll get some more pics, but we ended up with a decent crop. DSCN2003.JPG

You can see a bunch of the little ones taking a hit from the carbaryl.

DSCN2004.JPG

I did a lot of hand thinning this year. You can see the hail damage from 2 years ago on this Liberty .....

DSCN2742.JPG

Frost took care of thinning for me this year. I think I found about 8-10 apples on 40-50 trees on my farm today. Can't stop mother nature I guess. :(

The lucky survivors were on Goldrush and Frostbite. I'm feeling the bite alright!

Last edited:
I thought I was going to have a lot less too, but it wasn't real bad, perhaps 50% loss. Just a good thinning.

Last edited:
Same here with Mother Nature doing my thinning for me but certain varieties did well so I will have some apples. George you better get the mower out. That grass looks pretty tall lol

Same here with Mother Nature doing my thinning for me but certain varieties did well so I will have some apples. George you better get the mower out. That grass looks pretty tall lol

You can't tell by the pic, but that is a real nice stand of clover, chicory and alfalfa, but ya it needs a haircut! Lot's of apples on those Galarina's behind this big girl.

MFDC2195.JPG

Looks like she is carrying. Better be careful when giving that clover a cut

For sure. I saw my first fawn last week when I was mowing. It was so small I thought it was a cat