The SL Farm

shawnv

5 year old buck +
This is family property so there is only so much I can do here unless I buy it. My son and I will be the only ones hunting it this year to see if we think it's worth buying and putting more work into the habitat. It's full of deer but quality is unknown yet as I haven't checked the camera yet. Pretty much the South 40 and the adjacent land owned by the city is all bedding and the rest is to the North is hay field with larger ag across the road on each side. It's all flat except for the north 10 acres where there is a hill. Last thing to mention is this is a Bow-only zone and hasn't been hunted ever but the neighbors to the West do hunt and sit the fence line.

*North is to the right
White = main flow
Orange = Bedding
Yellow dots = trees picked out this spring
Red dot = apple tree
Green = plots

Last edited:
Looks very nice!!

Nice track of land. What state are you in?

Nice Shawn, and just so you know fence hunting is universal. I'll never understand how, when someone has a nice spread, the best place for a stand is always the 3' across from my fence.

Nice Shawn, and just so you know fence hunting is universal. I'll never understand how, when someone has a nice spread, the best place for a stand is always the 3' across from my fence.
The grass is always greener on the other side :cool:

Nice track of land. What state are you in?

This piece is in Washburn County WI

The grass is always greener on the other side :cool:

I can understand being close when that's where the right tree happens to be. In this case they know that no one has hunted it and are taking advantage.

That area looks very familiar. Is that County B on the east and Sand rd on the South? If so I grew up there.

Chuck

quantity of deer on that piece is unreal and unpressured. Bucks should be there with the amount of does. I own an 80 up the road and drive by your piece. not uncommon to have field full of deer each night. two words.......buy it.......although the area is a cwd zone just fyi which for me is just fine with outlawed baiting.

quantity of deer on that piece is unreal and unpressured. Bucks should be there with the amount of does. I own an 80 up the road and drive by your piece. not uncommon to have field full of deer each night. two words.......buy it.......although the area is a cwd zone just fyi which for me is just fine with outlawed baiting.

Yea, she said there are 10-20 deer there a night. And yes, no pressure there as it hasn't ever been hunted minus me once four years ago. She always says people ask her to hunt because they see big ones just standing out there in the field in broad daylight. Seeing is believing though.

Last edited:
We have family land NW too and I saw some good ones between here and there, possibly around your place

We have family land NW along the yellow river too and I saw some good ones between here and there, possibly around your place. Have you seen any good ones out on the SL farm?

I'll probably be back up Sunday to seed a couple plots.

there are always a few studs we see driving the roads at dusk.

Very nice place, how many acres is it?

Thanks, it's just under 80 acres overall. So far I'm just observing what goes on by camera to see if there is anything in there to get my serious attention. So far, nothing but a pile of does and some younger bucks.