The plus to letting the neighbors think your crazy.

Bill

Administrator
I get such a chuckle out of this I have to share. Not to mention it's priceless protection of my farm.
I use buckeye cams and have a security system with cameras around my place. I can access them anytime from any where.

So I let a local guy coon hunt and trap after deer season, he's also kept his mules "for coon hunting" in my paddock. Last winter I called him from 900 miles away and told him a mule was loose in the driveway. He said are you in town? I replied no, but I can see it right now on my camera from home.

Fast forward to this year, he calls every time he thinks he might look suspicious. Truck broke down so he's coming with his sons, the doe in my truck was road kill I picked up for the dogs. Today he actually walked a friend up to one of my cameras and called me to let me know this guy was going to check his trap line for 2 days while he was out of town but the guy wouldn't be on the property after that.

That's free advertising and in small town USA it goes along way. Nothing's perfect, and someone can always test you but being the fanatic doesn't hurt.

That is classic

I'm with you Bill.... I have friends convinced I have a camera behind every tree at my farm. And to some extent it is true.

One time a friend was at my farm and I texted him "nice hat" (he was wearing a hat I gave him). And he freaked out looking for the camera. He never found it :)

-John

I'm with you Bill.... I have friends convinced I have a camera behind every tree at my farm. And to some extent it is true.

One time a friend was at my farm and I texted him "nice hat" (he was wearing a hat I gave him). And he freaked out looking for the camera. He never found it :)

-John
Nice!:cool:

Hey MO - nothing like being caught with your pants down so to speak. That made laugh.

My neighbors also think I have more cams than I really do. Never going to tell them any different. They also think I let city buddies hunt the property that may not know the difference between a cow, horse and a deer.