Thanks for the advice Brooks!

BuckSutherland

5 year old buck +
I saw that nice lawnmower that you posted a few days ago in place of a DR brush cutter. I took my pushmower up north and helped try and rescue a failed glyphosate application. I took down a whole patch of thigh high ferns and small brush with it. It worked so good that I left it up there to do my trails and stuff this weekend.

Pic 1.JPG Pic 2.JPG

It looked similar to this before I started.

MFDC0468.JPG

For some reason we forgot to even spray some of the areas that are blessed with full sun. They proved to be a little too tough for the red warrior. Hopefully I can get this plot jump started this week if it didnt take off.

yes, it has been limed and fertilized. Now that the crap is out of the way I can spend an hour or so tossing out the sticks and then reseed if I need. I am bringing a 4 wheeler with to pull our home made harrow if the seed from 10 days ago hasnt germinated. It scratches about the top 1.5 inches and mixes it in real nice after a few passes. It will tear out the rest of the crap in the way so I can get it pretty clean. I hope I dont have to reseed. I would be just fine with cleaning sticks and branches.

I made it from 3x3 steel tubing. I think its 3/16 inch so its plenty heavy. Then I made the teeth with 3/4 inch square bar stock. When I welded the thing together I turned the teeth at a slight angle so when I hit stuff it would jump and float over it. I think it is 5 feet wide and 3.5 feet deep. Has 4 rows of teeth with about 7-8 teeth on each row. I will have to get a picture of it. Its a load for two guys to carry it. Its a real load for like a 500 sportsman to try and lug around, but it goes ok when the ground is cleared off.

Looks good! Whatever it takes! I have torn up some push mowers plotting! I spent this morning making some poor mans plots with the chain saw and trimmer! Snapped a pic of one half completed. I always forget to take more pics. I'm excited to hunt this one. That big white oak on the far right got allot of attention last fall!
image.jpg

Don't be putting me on the hook for guys modifying 20 inch lawnmowers- Could be a whole new extreme sport. NOS. Serrated german steel or lutz aftermarket blades.