Tapatalk vs website?

Someday isle

5 year old buck +
I recently added the tapatalk app so I could optimize a photo of a land plan sketch. Being a creature of habit, much like our friend the whitetail deer, I actually prefer the layout of the forum's own website for ease of navigation. I'm kind of forcing myself to work back and forth between both options just to see if I can get used to tapatalk. I'm considering just using the website for everything except loading and optimizing photos.

What's the preferred method for most of you guys? I know it doesn't really matter but at this point I prefer the website. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I prefer the website. I changed the resolution on my phone so I could use the website instead of switching over to tapatalk when uploading pictures. The one thing I haven't figured out is uploading the videos I take on my phone.

Combination. I use tapatalk exclusively for posting pics. Tapatalk has great notifications on subscribed threads.
I use the website to surf the new posts.

I much prefer the website. I was using tapatalk only for posting photos but have since deleted the app. I couldn't get the email notifications from tapatalk to stop no matter what I did.

Interesting Bueller - I've been noticing the extra emails from tapatalk already too.

I only use to post pics then jump right back over to the website. I find it more difficult to anything other than posting pics.

I used a gmail account that I never check to set it up. I should check it I probably have a million notifications there.:(:confused::confused:

I only use to post pics then jump right back over to the website. I find it more difficult to anything other than posting pics.

I used a gmail account that I never check to set it up. I should check it I probably have a million notifications there.:(:confused::confused:
I was getting emails from tapatalk on my gmail that I used to set it up AND on a different email address that I never provided tapatalk. It's the address I used to sign up on this site years back, tapatalk must have accessed it somehow. I unsubscribed, changed email preferences, etc... but nothing would stop them. I got pissed and deleted my tapatalk account and uninstalled the app on my phone. No problems since.

Badger, like you I found a couple weeks ago that I was able to post pics onto this site straight from my phone without resizing. I'm not sure if the pics were automatically resized by the site or what but no more tapajunk for me.

Sounds like you all have similar experiences. Almost all of my photos from my phone or iPad worked on the regular site. For some reason the one I had with my drawings on the map wouldn't load because the file was too big. Maybe it was just that file. I guess I could always delete the app and then reload it again if I needed to optimize another photo. I'll play with it awhile and then just see what happens. I'm sure someone more techno savvy than me wouldn't find it as annoying. I like simple and concise.

Other than being slightly easier to upload photos, I find no use for Tapatalk. I can't get rid of those notices even though I deleted tapatalk from my phone months ago. Really pi$$e$ the wife off now too, since I used her phone to access the site one afternoon when I forgot my phone and now she gets notices as well.

Other than being slightly easier to upload photos, I find no use for Tapatalk. I can't get rid of those notices even though I deleted tapatalk from my phone months ago. Really pi$$e$ the wife off now too, since I used her phone to access the site one afternoon when I forgot my phone and now she gets notices as well.
There is an option to delete/cancel your tapatalk account on their app. Simply deleting the app doesn't close your account. Trying reinstalling, logging in, and then canceling your account. I haven't had a single contact from tapatalk since doing that.

I use the forum's mobile website except I like adding to the "live form the stand" thread and adding pics from tapatalk are easier other than that I don't use tapatalk.

There is an option to delete/cancel your tapatalk account on their app. Simply deleting the app doesn't close your account. Trying reinstalling, logging in, and then canceling your account. I haven't had a single contact from tapatalk since doing that.
Thanks bueller! I may have to do just that, at least on the wife's phone. As I said, she gets super p!$$ed when she gets a notification and I am frankly sick of being in the doghouse because of it. I will try that and see if I can make it go away, I only hope it doesn't get worse, I might not be seen for months...........

Weird, no notifications on my gmail account. And there even turned on in the tapatalk app.
Guess I got lucky :D

Bill, I just went into the app and turned off all notification settings from the app. In theory I shouldn't get loaded up with emails and still be able to have the app at my disposal in case the need arises.

Bill, I just went into the app and turned off all notification settings from the app. In theory I shouldn't get loaded up with emails and still be able to have the app at my disposal in case the need arises.
That's what I thought and it seemed to work that way for a while, until one day it didn't.

I recently added the tapatalk app so I could optimize a photo of a land plan sketch. Being a creature of habit, much like our friend the whitetail deer, I actually prefer the layout of the forum's own website for ease of navigation. I'm kind of forcing myself to work back and forth between both options just to see if I can get used to tapatalk. I'm considering just using the website for everything except loading and optimizing photos.

What's the preferred method for most of you guys? I know it doesn't really matter but at this point I prefer the website. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate any data entry on a phone. Any pictures I take, I want to have on my computer. So, I generally send the pictures to my computer via Bluetooth and then upload them to Photobucket or another picture archive site. I do all of my posting on the computer with few exception where something may be urgent and I don't have access to my laptop.

I use tapatalk if I don't have my laptop with me and I have a few minutes just to read a few posts. I don't have to think to type on a keyboard, it just comes out, but I hate trying to type on a phone.

Thanks,

Jack

Didnt care for Tapatalk one bit. Navigating the web site is much easier. Deleted the app all together

I use both. Easier reading on web but like the notifications from taptalk. I use Photobucket for my pictures so pictures are easy either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk