Taking a year or 2 off from food plots?

Take a step back an take a breather if needed. It will reinvigorate the mind.

I needed too this past week after the last 2 months, 17 days in the field working, that's with a 50hr a week job. The boat hasn't even seen the water yet this year, sad day. Pretty much every free min of time was spent trying to get everything done before Aug. Fell short by a bit and was discouraged. But that was out of my control. Could not find a tractor an plow to rent out. And that work has to be done by Sept 1, so I will plan accordingly an make one more push an should finish in a day or 2s worth of work.

I rolled the dice on my fall food plot and have hit snake eyes twice since I planted july 22, I have missed every rainfall event in the area. Got 2 inches 7 miles away. A tenth on farm, hope the thatch sucked it up preventing any early germ. Finally got 6/10th last night. Hope that kicks it into gear an starts some growth.

Looking back on my records, it lights a fire seeing how much one can learn & accomplish. Started in Feb will end Aug 15th with some luck.

Funny thing is, when I took a step back, I meet an awesome lady. Both being so busy, for a first date I took her out to the farm on a weekday evening. She wanted to help with watering the trees. It brought a whole new light to things when I was able to show some of the hard work I have put in the past half a year, and the results that can be accomplished.

If you found a woman that will help you water trees on a first date you should probably try to keep her around.

I've definitely become a bigger fan of clover plots at a higher % of all my plots as upkeep and time devoted to them is far less than others.