Swapping to Buckwheat

I am sure I have read your post about it before but can you remind me what you are typically TNM them into?
It is generally a cereal grain of sorts(I try to use awnless barley when I can get my hands on it) sparse clover, and weed mixture. I have nice, loose, dark soil where anything grows well. I think for TNM to have the best results for most, timing is key. I like awnless cereals because the deer in my plots eat the seed heads. That way you wont have your cereals out competing your other plantings.

I may also try buckwheat in the future if the barley keeps being a problem to find (i wont pay to have it shipped) I would be able to plant the buckwheat into the standing rye and either crimp it or spray it because the seed heads wouldn't have matured by late May early June (in my area)

Jack one other thing I’d love to hear more about your wildlife openings from a different thread. Could be either a new thread or pile on here. I did something similar this winter in two areas. They were natural travel areas that I kind of pointed corridors to. I plan to plant something in these openings but my focus will be more on browse than planted food.

Here is the thread: http://habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/wildlife-openings.12184/