SW Indiana - This looks very much like EHD...

I am just glad to see the DNR doing something NOW before the season. Last time I remember EHD hitting us like this the DNR seemingly did nothing but sit back and watch. And we as hunters followed up the outbreak with a record level harvest. Different people in charge of the show now...

I’m so glad to hear that! For what it’s worth, most losses here locally have been does. I’m not sure if it is coincidence or if herds are affected differently in regards to gender.

However, I still have not seen many mature bucks this summer, which is unusual for this area, so they might have been bedding and expired somewhere else. I’ll update the thread as deer season starts and I start collecting trail camera info.
I have a six camera Cuddelink system on mine. There are bucks that were appearing that are not now, but others that hold a pattern for a few weeks then disappear. I have only seen a couple deer that were perhaps a bit unusually thin. Overall looking ok, but my first year with the property, so no comparison.