Successful Road Trip out West

Steve Oehlenschlager

5 year old buck +
A few from South Dakota and Wyoming last week....._DSC5887_1.jpg _DSC5446_1.jpg _DSC5114_1.jpg _DSC5133_1.jpg _DSC5166_1.jpg

Like I said before...The Originals look 100 times better than what uploads due to file size limitations!!!

Great pics! what camera are you using?

Thanks Steve. Awesome pics as usual.

Outstanding. My wife is originally from SD and some of her family still lives there. It is great country. Wonderful pics. I can only imagine how the originals look!

I shot these with a Nikon D810 and D800 and used a 70-200 2.8 and a 300 2.8 lens

Amazing as always.

Probably a foolish question, but what kind of owl is that?

-John

Burrowing Owl. I had not seen one in over 30 years. Then I saw 3 in 5 minutes. They nest in underground burrows that other dig. This one happened to be in a Prairie Dog hole.

Really cool pictures Steve....as always!

Great pics Steve! I like the speed goat buck and his little buddy in the hole. BTW, how close were you to that bull bison?

I was about 35 yards from him. A got some other shots of other buffalo from 15 feet while in a car, but I was on the ground for this one. A He is a "white" buffalo and when they mature they are sort of cream color. This herd had a ton of white ones, but they would not pose at all for me. The youngest calf was almost pure white.

Well all I can say about that is you've either got nuts the size of that bison, or brains the size of those prairie chickens! LOL!:D;)

Like always Steve - Awesome pics. The owl doesn't appear to be happy to see you! I'm sure the buffalo would have cooperated a bit more if you had just asked nicely.....or maybe they would have stomped you into the ground...maybe you where better off not asking!

I love the antelope picture with the prairie dog next to it!! Impressive.