Stock Market is the bottom in?

Sucks to be you. (grin) I'm glad I lived life as a boomer. Been beating "your drum" on the monetary policies since the 70's....and to no avail. In the early 70's the best southern MN farmland was selling for about $400 / acre......now it's over $10,000. 20 X

FWIW........My first home was a nice brick two-story with two bathrooms, 3 BR's and a full basement and garage on a nice city lot. Price paid in 1972 was $20,000 with a 7% 30 year mortgage w/ no points or closing costs (they were not invented yet). Payment was $120 / month IIRC. Sold it myself six years later for $60,000 to build a new split-level home on two acres overlooking the river. Total cost of construction w/ land was $120,000. I think our house payment was a bit over $300 / month on a 7% mortgage. I thought my wife was gonna faint....lol.

Tho.....I gotta say our income was always within 50% of the home values. Fast forward to today.....and we built a second home in OZ on a golf course.....at just under 1 million just a few years ag.....today it would cost 1.4.

My point in the above is that it has always felt difficult to stick your neck out on real estate as there are so many unforeseen situations lurking and stalking. Always been that way. I think you gotta plug your nose and take a dive.....provided you can swing the payments. When your nose is on the outside of the glass......your always gonna have regrets of what might have been.

Last edited:
I think the median price listed earlier has been statistically skewed by the coast prices. $430+k in much of mid America gets you a whole bunch of house

I have been getting a lot of letters in the mail of jokers wanting to buy my property. Its only 80 acres but its my little slice of heaven and would not sell for anything.

Neighbor about a mile down the road from me passed last week. He was an older guy in retirement home had lost his wife a few years ago. Nice brick ranch with a few nice outbuildings.
Talked to his son the other day and he told me he had received three separate offers on the property before the funeral and hadn’t even listed it.

Then there is this:

It would certainly free up those who have lower interest rate mortgages and have been resisting selling because they would be subject higher rates. A lot of inventory in this situation.

What a month have been in energy. Wasn’t quite so lucrative for me as I let trying to sell calls and kept having to give the money back. Still, win is a win.

161272c256beb98f0d1a3179440afb1b.jpg

2e8923120198ecca9339eeb4cc50390b.jpg

693d8c66962b3bced39fe9432edb682d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a month have been in energy. Wasn’t quite so lucrative for me as I let trying to sell calls and kept having to give the money back. Still, win is a win.

161272c256beb98f0d1a3179440afb1b.jpg

2e8923120198ecca9339eeb4cc50390b.jpg

693d8c66962b3bced39fe9432edb682d.jpg
I’m

I been Lon NOG for a few years….pre Covid.

It’s a Minnesota oil company

I’m taking a chance on AGCO. Don’t have an elaborate case for it. Just trying it out.

I’m taking a chance on AGCO. Don’t have an elaborate case for it. Just trying it out.

Reports I've read are that farm income is dropping like a rock. Only beef providers made any money last year (successful farming) and this year looks bleak. Gotta have money to buy that new machinery. Seems there is a flood of unsold stuff out there right now.......I dunno......but think you should do more research.

The only ones with money are the boomers.....and they are old and have issues. United Health care for the win! 2 cents.

Inflation came in hotter than expected this morning. NO SHIT! How are people that study the markets and the economy surprised by data that everyone else seems to know? SHIT SHOW. Market manipulation is an everyday thing now. Buy the dips.

I bought MARIN today.

Hopefully it’s gonna shoot to the moon 🌚!

Interesting!!

Reports I've read are that farm income is dropping like a rock. Only beef providers made any money last year (successful farming) and this year looks bleak. Gotta have money to buy that new machinery. Seems there is a flood of unsold stuff out there right now.......I dunno......but think you should do more research.

The only ones with money are the boomers.....and they are old and have issues. United Health care for the win! 2 cents.
I've been making that case since 2009, and it never seems to come. I thought AGCO was priced better than DE, and not pinned to it's 52 week high. I also don't think the guys that are being squeezed by narrow margins and high rates are the ones that ever buy new machinery anyway. I could be all wrong and take a bath on it, but I wanted to try. April is also special dividend month. We'll see if that materializes this year.

1712795356890.png

Time for our government to get a big cut in their allowance. They just keep spending more than they're making. A half wit could do better than our current government. It's gonna get real ugly real soon. BIDENOMICS BABY!

I find it comical that we have such a poor inflation report yesterday and then a bunch of stocks having a great day today. Some of my largest positions are Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, VUG (Vanguard Growth ETF) and they just keep going. I am expecting good Q1 earnings and for the market to continue higher despite inflation data. The whales are still buying and trying to get the serfs to sell their shares with all the negative news.

I find it comical that we have such a poor inflation report yesterday and then a bunch of stocks having a great day today. Some of my largest positions are Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, VUG (Vanguard Growth ETF) and they just keep going. I am expecting good Q1 earnings and for the market to continue higher despite inflation data. The whales are still buying and trying to get the serfs to sell their shares with all the negative news.
Big Tech stocks have certainly run up some huge profits. Now.....I sit with some great gains.....and my greed keeps me from taking profits to pay the taxes. I think so many others are in that same situation. <----that is one reason that I actually "like" Mutual Funds. They pay taxes each year.....and don't have such an impact on your decisions to sell......nor on the managers running the funds.

Some years back.....I was enamored with the need to own idividual issues of stocks in order to minimize the tax bite each year. But in reality that is a double edge sword IMO. I suppose you can die with the stepped up basis and your heirs will thank you. .....then again your dead. lol

Good problems to have.

Last edited: