Stock Market is the bottom in?

I think whoever figures out how to make the same chips as NVDA, Their stock price goes way up and NVDA comes back down to Earth. Who will do it first? INTC? TSM? GFS? AMD?

Strong close for both I just mentioned less than 1 hour ago... Some of the beaten down small caps had double digit rallies today on ZERO news. I suspect the whales made some buys today.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 150336.pngScreenshot 2024-03-27 150412.png

I think whoever figures out how to make the same chips as NVDA, Their stock price goes way up and NVDA comes back down to Earth. Who will do it first? INTC? TSM? GFS? AMD?
Profits like Nvidia is making will attract competition, for sure. AMD is in the mix.

Strong close for both I just mentioned less than 1 hour ago... Some of the beaten down small caps had double digit rallies today on ZERO news. I suspect the whales made some buys today.

View attachment 63423View attachment 63424
Eventually, the ignored become the targets. Smallies are attractive. PE's are good.

I had about 4 hours in the car over the weekend, and I got to listen to the Rogan podcast with Bret Weinstein, #2101. His talks are always good because he comes at the issues of the day with a very dry and practical sense to himself.

At the 10:50 mark or so in the beginning of the podcast, they get to talking about "The Great Taking" and what's coming for the unprepared, and frankly, has largely been happening all along and is picking up speed. He made two quick points about the dollar:

*It's still a means of exchange that enables people to assign an agreed value to goods and services. That still works.
*What's no longer working, is the dollar is no longer a way to store wealth. When inflation was tame to almost flat, there was no risk to holding cash. Now, if you hold cash, you're losing wealth at an alarming clip in terms of what it can buy in food, energy, transportation, housing, healthcare, services, and durable goods today, vs months into the future.

I keep thinking about that and where a person can hide out. What's more disturbing is what can/may/will happen to assets held with trustees when the trustees start going bust. I'm kinda worried about Schwab, because I've got assets at Schwab. When the banks start looking like they're gonna finally bust, Schwab is in the top 10 that slide the most.

Anyway, my next project is to research 'The Great Taking' more and find out what the hell is going on with that.
Diversification. No one segment wins all the time. 5.3% on MM cash hasn't been bad with inflation around 3.1%. We own a couple actively-managed funds, but mostly in several indexes at the advice of our fiduciary CFP. Cover a variety of market segments.

For anyone who likes Buffet's advice - an S&P 500 index fund of big established companies isn't a bad place to be. Wide-moat, dividend payers that have been around for years - reinvest the divs to buy more shares. Outpace inflation during any decade.

I read an article yesterday that said MSFT and AMZN might be looking to start their own chip production. They have the $$$$$$ to do it.

Interesting. Sold some today. Profits looked too good not to take. Plus how long can the market sustain this growth when inflation is killing everyone

What is this indicating? Recession? Market crash? Real estate crash?

I am in the process of selling my real estate, and I'm praying like hell that my timing is good.
Where I'm at in central Minnesota it's still definitely a sellers market. Things are priced insanely high.

^^^

My part of north central MN is crazy high too. I live west of Somaliapolis. Nothing is cheap here either, especially anything with trees or bare land. End of 2023, there were some CRAZY bare land sales in the area. I'm kinda thinking sellers are trading valuable property for worthless paper. I would love to buy an additional piece of recreational property close to the existing. I'm running out of places that I want plant trees.

I'm just hoping things come back down closer to where it was before everyone lost their minds. Don't think we'll ever get back to where we were but this is lunacy right now. Invest in real estate if the prices are going to keep rising.

What is this indicating? Recession? Market crash? Real estate crash?

I am in the process of selling my real estate, and I'm praying like hell that my timing is good.

Housing, farm and rough ground keep going up here too. Nothing stays on the market long if it even makes it to market. Auctioned properties have been going the highest.

I have been getting a lot of letters in the mail of jokers wanting to buy my property. Its only 80 acres but its my little slice of heaven and would not sell for anything.

For most of my life I didn't have a lot of money and I always thought there were deals out there to be had. That was especially true after the economic doom of 2006-2012. I saw several great deals at that time. Wish I would have had extra money back then, but I was busy building my businesses. Now that I finally do have some extra money and business is good there isn't a deal to be had anywhere.

The house across the street sold from me for $93,000 a few years after we bought ours in 2009, for $180,000. It has sold twice since then and went for $325,000 last time and is probably appraising now for $360,000. Would have made a great rental property for me being right across the street. I'd like to find another rec property soon and build my own cabin before my body starts failing. We have a housing crisis spurred by mass migration of epic proportions. I don't expect prices to relent anytime soon.

I have been getting a lot of letters in the mail of jokers wanting to buy my property. Its only 80 acres but its my little slice of heaven and would not sell for anything.
That's happening all over. Outfits even come knocking on doors here. Many are REITs' reps. REITs are looking to control even the residential markets. They want to buy houses if they can, or land to "develop". Commercial real estate is sucking with so much empty office and retail space. Online everything & AI = less people working ...... in buildings or anywhere else. Residential real estate is the one thing everyone needs - so they're after that now, too. REIT contracts with renters - commercial or residential - have baked-in rent raises over spans of years. Research it & see. We're invested in some - that's how I know.

For most of my life I didn't have a lot of money and I always thought there were deals out there to be had. That was especially true after the economic doom of 2006-2012. I saw several great deals at that time. Wish I would have had extra money back then, but I was busy building my businesses. Now that I finally do have some extra money and business is good there isn't a deal to be had anywhere.

The house across the street sold from me for $93,000 a few years after we bought ours in 2009, for $180,000. It has sold twice since then and went for $325,000 last time and is probably appraising now for $360,000. Would have made a great rental property for me being right across the street. I'd like to find another rec property soon and build my own cabin before my body starts failing. We have a housing crisis spurred by mass migration of epic proportions. I don't expect prices to relent anytime soon.
There is always another crisis around the corner. As Carly Simon sings.....these are the good 'ole days. Grin. In reality......I can think of about 5 real major real estate huge move times that happened after I came of age. I was on top of about 3 of those moves and missed another one or two to an extent.

I built 5 homes at good times.....which were almost all rewarded with immediate increases in values. Also my biz building. But in truth every property I have been involved in owning has increase in value over a 6 to 10 year period. I think these times are no different. As long as the government keeps printing money, equities will increase in value.

I missed out on one of the best times to buy ag land in the mid 2000's as prices were starting to run up.......and I thought they may level out some before I bought. Was not to be.....and I missed a few golden opportunities to buy ag land that would now be 4 to 5 X higher valued. I was too cautious....and wanted a great "deal". Today an investor / owner cannot make ag-land "pencil-out"......IMO.

Edit: While I missed the "buy point" on top quality farm land....I did buy my hunting land and built a new home.....which both have increased in value. Also own stocks that have increased substantially in value over that time. While the satisfaction of owning a producing farm has eluded me.....there are other good avenues to improve ones worth. I like the liquidity of stocks and the ability to change investment goals at the drop of a hat. You cannot do that as quickly with real estate.

Last edited: