Stock Market is the bottom in?

TELL is on sale right now.

CC’s are much safer than buying something with a debit card. Especially online. They offer protections like doubling the warrantiy, stolen card info protection and scam protection. Also the cash back is nice. If nothing else if you ever try to rent a car it’s a real hassle without a major CC. When I travel I put everything on a CC. I feel it’s better to just pay at the end of the month than having my bank account drained by some skimmer scam.

This is exactly why I have a credit card. I've only had it for a few years, but the protections and benefits are well worth it. I used to do cash or debit for everything, but it just got too inconvenient, and a few people I know got scammed when using their debit cards abroad. Luckily they all got their money back, but it made me nervous about exposing my accounts to fraud and identity theft. If someone puts a phony charge on my credit card, they are stealing the bank's money. If someone puts a phony charge on my debit card, they are stealing MY money. These days I use my debit card to take cash out at an ATM, and a credit card for all purchases.

Our credit card balances are now approaching $15K at an average of 29% interest thanks to the federal and state government taking 24 months to approve a Multiple Sclerosis disability claim for my wife. The backpay they owe her will pay them off when it's finally approved, but that interest is gone forever.

Just got a 13% raise at work, so that will help, being poor is rough these days.

I hope all of you appreciate what you have. It's almost like we live in a different world than most of you. But we live extremely happy lives despite the challenges we face, I hope you guys do too.

The company I work for is privately owned, but you investors might want to look into some electrical switchgear companies. We're growing by 25%+ a year with the limiting factor being finding manpower. Others in the industry are probably as well. I don't see the electric grid contracting any time soon......

Our credit card balances are now approaching $15K at an average of 29% interest thanks to the federal and state government taking 24 months to approve a Multiple Sclerosis disability claim for my wife. The backpay they owe her will pay them off when it's finally approved, but that interest is gone forever.

Just got a 13% raise at work, so that will help, being poor is rough these days.

I hope all of you appreciate what you have. It's almost like we live in a different world than most of you. But we live extremely happy lives despite the challenges we face, I hope you guys do too.

The company I work for is privately owned, but you investors might want to look into some electrical switchgear companies. We're growing by 25%+ a year with the limiting factor being finding manpower. Others in the industry are probably as well. I don't see the electric grid contracting any time soon......
That’s a really tough situation you are in. I hope it gets better for you.

The electrical backlogs are insane from what I’ve seen. We have installed bottling lines only for the lines to sit idle for months while transformers and electrical equipment is being built.

We have switch gear in storage for over a year while all the piece comes in one piece at a time over long periods of time. I believe we just got the last piece in for a removal and install job.

I don’t know how companies are functioning with such high lead times on electrical.

That’s a really tough situation you are in. I hope it gets better for you.

The electrical backlogs are insane from what I’ve seen. We have installed bottling lines only for the lines to sit idle for months while transformers and electrical equipment is being built.

We have switch gear in storage for over a year while all the piece comes in one piece at a time over long periods of time. I believe we just got the last piece in for a removal and install job.

I don’t know how companies are functioning with just high lead times on electrical.
Been hearing that same scenario down here in AZ. Projects are stopped while waiting for electrical components. Good luck Barndog.....keep the faith!

Chipotle is about to approve a 50:1 split. I bought 1 share, couple be a good bet.

Alright. I finally started an investment account with Fidelity. I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm up $14.62 in two days so I must basically be a genius. hahaha

Getting electrical gear was a big pain on last project before I retired.

Most of the big players are not based in U.S. but have absorbed some of the well known American brands in the recent past. I.e. Square D is now Schneider Electric (France)

Taking a look over last 5 yrs, some have done very well. Grid improvements, automation in factories and warehouses, CNC machining. Had not thought about this as an individual stock play but maybe has some merit. Hope they have diversified their supply chain issues with China. Some small electrical parts holds up getting delivery on a major piece of equipment.

Eaton, ABB, Siemens, Schneider Electric. I was kinda half expecting the European companies to have other baggage which dilutes their stellar performing divisions but good returns on some. But likely Eaton having an Irish corporate home is more of a tax angle.

Last edited:
Alright. I finally started an investment account with Fidelity. I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm up $14.62 in two days so I must basically be a genius. hahaha
Have you figured out a fee for your insight on your stock picks yet?

Have you figured out a fee for your insight on your stock picks yet?
Haha I owe all of you for most of it. I put the majority in the standard S&P 500 and some other less risky plays but then kept some to play around with I guess. Bought some Valero and others based on info you guys all provided. We'll see what happens. I apologize if the market crashes. I'm usually really bad at picking winners although I had a pretty good year sports gambling.

If you put in $1.00, then you are a genius. If you put in a million then you’re not! 😃

If you put in $1.00, then you are a genius. If you put in a million then you’re not! 😃
haha. In between, much closer to $1 than $1 million by quite a lot. So much closer to genius. Ha

I’m no CC guru but I think many cards give a much reduced interest rate on balance transfers for a period of time. At those rates it might be worth doing that.

FBGRX

Interested to hear your thoughts on NVDA. I'm up 4X since buying it. Keep it or take the money and run???

Interested to hear your thoughts on NVDA. I'm up 4X since buying it. Keep it or take the money and run???
I’d bet it will drop $200 a share eventually? I have Broadcom and it’s insane high. I’d be totally throwing 🎯 on how to predict the next 6-12 months ?

4X? I’d take my money and buy a tractor. As it were, I’m only up about 30%, so I’m holding tight.

You don't have to sell it all in one swoop. Sell a third or a quarter and wait and watch what happens. It could go 4x again in the next year or two the way we're going to be printing money. It could go to $190 if the world rejects AI and AI doesn't make it onto the battle field and into the hospitals.