Stock Market is the bottom in?

I’m in the auto industry. Sales are way down country wide. Owners are starting to lose money with their floorplan interest exceeding revenue. Makes sense, why would you buy a car right now unless you needed one?
word on the street is the average interest rate on a used car is around 14%. Is there any truth to that?

I buy all of them cash / no trade! Ask first if there are any dealer incentives or dealership incentives. They probably won't tell you about the first, but will have advertised the second. Sometimes the manufacturer will offer factory incentives directly to consumer (rebate usually applied to purchase of the car). Use the "net" to determine a close approximation of the cost of the vehicle to the dealer. Figure dealer holdback to be somewhere between 3-5%. Add 3 % to dealer cost and shoot them a figure. Tell them you have to leave and would consider their offer. You'll hear from them! Once they realize you have some knowledge about car sales; even if some of your assumptions are incorrect (off quite a bit), they won't be as likely to claim factory invoice is the best they can do. Old models (after a model change) or stale vehicles are even more fun. Remember, they have overhead including sales persons who like to eat and pay their bills.

My brother bought a couple cheaper vehicles in the past 6 months interest rates on auto loans where very high so he used a home equity loan instead and bought them both about $13,000 for the pair I think he said.

We been calling it “Bloody March Madness” at work this week with all the cutting going on.

word on the street is the average interest rate on a used car is around 14%. Is there any truth to that?
Not if you have good credit. I guess if you factor in all fico scores there could be some truth to that. Probably more like a 9% on a used. A good rate would be in the 7s.

I buy all of them cash / no trade! Ask first if there are any dealer incentives or dealership incentives. They probably won't tell you about the first, but will have advertised the second. Sometimes the manufacturer will offer factory incentives directly to consumer (rebate usually applied to purchase of the car). Use the "net" to determine a close approximation of the cost of the vehicle to the dealer. Figure dealer holdback to be somewhere between 3-5%. Add 3 % to dealer cost and shoot them a figure. Tell them you have to leave and would consider their offer. You'll hear from them! Once they realize you have some knowledge about car sales; even if some of your assumptions are incorrect (off quite a bit), they won't be as likely to claim factory invoice is the best they can do. Old models (after a model change) or stale vehicles are even more fun. Remember, they have overhead including sales persons who like to eat and pay their bills.
Dealer holdback is nowhere near 3-5% anymore. More like 1-3%. The oem’s have squeezed the dealers after the first year of COVID. I believe new car prices are still going to come down over the next few months.

People have the power if everyone is on the same page. If no one is buying the prices will come down until they start to sell. That's with just about everything.

Now car manufacturers are worried about China flooding our car market with their cars. Maybe we need to charge enough on import tax for those cars so that doesn't happen? Will we ever have a government again that knows anything about the job they are being paid to do?

Now car manufacturers are worried about China flooding our car market with their cars. Maybe we need to charge enough on import tax for those cars so that doesn't happen? Will we ever have a government again that knows anything about the job they are being paid to do?

They are doing exactly what they are paid to do. Destroy us from within by hostile foreign nations. There is no other plausible explanation for what the unity party has done to this country. More people will die under Joe Biden from fentanyl poisoning than will die from war with Russia in Ukraine. The fentanyl comes from China through Mexico. Our big cities are being destroyed without any foreign countries dropping a single bomb. They are happily watching us self destruct. Gotta run, going to some pronoun and sensitivity training today.

They are doing exactly what they are paid to do. Destroy us from within by hostile foreign nations. There is no other plausible explanation for what the unity party has done to this country. More people will die under Joe Biden from fentanyl poisoning than will die from war with Russia in Ukraine. The fentanyl comes from China through Mexico. Our big cities are being destroyed without any foreign countries dropping a single bomb. They are happily watching us self destruct. Gotta run, going to some pronoun and sensitivity training today.
I have a feeling you're going to need some extra classes! Spot on!

Couldn't agree more!

This is marketing genius. Society would not tolerate Novo Nordisk directly lobbying congress to cover Ozempic for the poor and elderly. But, society is easily fooled when they pour money into front groups and let them do the squawking.

“A group of health care organizations led by the Alliance for Women’s Health and Prevention last month launched the EveryBODY campaign pushing for comprehensive coverage of obesity care, citing “misunderstandings” about obesity that it says led to insurance restrictions.

It came on the heels of the January release of an “Obesity Bill of Rights” by the National Council on Aging and National Consumers League, which calls out the medical system’s disrespectful treatment of patients with obesity.”

Look what clause Axios buried deep in its story, in a lonely two-sentence bullet point, as if that’s all the exploration the clear ulterior motives at play deserve:

“Eli Lilly, which makes Mounjaro for diabetes and Zepbound for obesity, is a backer of the EveryBODY covered campaign.”

Just wait for the taxpayer required to bail out the obese program.

Just wait for the taxpayer required to bail out the obese program.
Feels like we're already bailing out everybody everywhere. TGIF!

I think the obese folks should be forced to eat the school lunches and watch how fast the pounds disappear. Nobody gets fat on school lunches where I'm at. Kids would come home half starved after school. I wouldn't invest in any company making or selling the school lunches(we are in the stock market arena).

SOUN and JD both still going up pretty steadily.

I have a position in Sysco?

It's almost summer. Time for the energy lockdown. The refiners are ready to take it all.

View attachment 63151
This is one of my favorites for years!
VLO👍🏻

It's almost summer. Time for the energy lockdown. The refiners are ready to take it all.

View attachment 63151
Can you describe what you mean?