Stock Market is the bottom in?

The front end taxes they flaunt in our faces and backend taxes of higher inflation and claim the economy is all roses

Time to buy puts on PepsiCo!

Love to watch them self destruct. Couldn't make a worse move business wise. AMAZING

I got sucked in again this morning. I'm still negative enough to not expect the big takeoff the metal hucksters have been promising for 50+ years. I do see the breakeven on metals production pushing up prices. I moved a tiny bit into CEF and SPPP this morning. The fed seems to be giving themselves lots of outs/options to not cut rates this year.

1709740735072.png 1709740811075.png

Check out EVA. The way I understand it the company made one really bad decision with wood pellets and damn near ruined the company. Now it's starting to make a comeback. I'm up almost 100% in the last 3 days. It's around $1 right now and was over $36 before the epic mistake. Looks like it's gonna come back and survive.

Gold at record historical highs it would be a good time to sell if I had any amount of it. I do have some silver coins I bought back in high school I should probably sell but will likely let my kids fight over when I die.

Gold at record historical highs it would be a good time to sell if I had any amount of it. I do have some silver coins I bought back in high school I should probably sell but will likely let my kids fight over when I die.
I wouldn't be in a rush to convert any real assets to fiat currency. The treasury is kicking out $100 billion dollars in fake fiat digits every ten days, and it's only going to pick up speed. It's absolutey mind boggling how quickly the wealth is being sucked out of this country. I always liked to watch the ratios of metals to one another. I remember when platinum was 2.5 times higher than the price of gold. Now, it's completely flipped. I'd be converting a little gold (not all of it) to platinum and holding tight with silver. I also wouldn't declare the end of the dollar, but it's just worth noting the metal markets are getting weird.

Platinum in relation to anything is dirt cheap right now, and I don't understand why. This is the gold to platinum ratio back to the late 90's.

1709750367892.png

More job cuts at work this week looks like every department loosing warm bodies 60 employees gone from my department alone yesterday and they are working through other departments each day. Should be an interesting calendar year. Rumor is they want 1 billion in cost savings for this year. I know capital improvements are being cancelled whole sale at this point. This doesn’t seem like something a company does when the economy is all roses as we are being told.

Last edited:
We had a 15% HC cut Q4 and they have cut another 8% so far this year with a few more coming, but they are backfilling some positions so it's not all position elimination. No bonus and no salary increases without promotions.

I am Sr. Director of design & construction for our company and we are cutting ~60% of our capex projects this year and next. So far, no cuts from our team since we still have impairments, downsizes and closings to deal with, but I wouldn't be surprised if either my counterpart or I are let go in the near future. He is out jet setting around and making himself seen everywhere and I am limiting my travel with only one trip so far this year.

Wow must be job cutting season my wife just text me they are cutting positions at the college she works at today. Some folks resigned after they attempted to change their positions they just said I’m uninterested and resigned.

Next up will be mandatory RTO for additional position eliminations. The requirement will be if you live within 30 miles of you office, you will be required to go in 3X per week outside of that, you will be required to go in 2X per week. I live 33 miles from the office and already go in 2-3X per week.

Next up will be mandatory RTO for additional position eliminations. The requirement will be if you live within 30 miles of you office, you will be required to go in 3X per week outside of that, you will be required to go in 2X per week. I live 33 miles from the office and already go in 2-3X per week.
So where you're at they are trying to get people to go back to the office? Getting rid of work from home?

Yes and no. The plan will be for no more 100% WFH employees, so a hybrid/dynamic work environment. Minimum 2 days per week in the office.

For my team and I, this is good as it will keep us employed, for those that insist on 100% WFH, it will be interesting to see what transpires. I would expect a minimum voluntary HC reduction of 10% of our remaining workforce across the US. Note that we completed a $27M build-out of the new corporate office pre-covid and rarely had an empty seat. The average corp office has a post covid occupancy rate of 42% and we are less than 20%. Hard to justify the cost of vacancy. Another example is post covid we built out 17K sf right by the twin tower memorial because "we have to have this office" and we are averaging 6 employees in the office per month. That is a $100K plus per month office for 6 employees. We should shut it down or make them come in.

I’m in the auto industry. Sales are way down country wide. Owners are starting to lose money with their floorplan interest exceeding revenue. Makes sense, why would you buy a car right now unless you needed one?