Stock Market is the bottom in?

Mosaic (fertilizer company) is up to $56 today. During the low point of Coronavirus sell off in March of 2020. Mosaic was $6.80/share. I thought about buying a bunch of shares and passed (dam# it)!

Mosaic (fertilizer company) is up to $56 today. During the low point of Coronavirus sell off in March of 2020. Mosaic was $6.80/share. I thought about buying a bunch of shares and passed (dam# it)!
I had brought this up a few times when discussing the fert industry and supply chain issues. The ones who own or have access to local mines will do quite well this year.

Anyone invested in oil yet? $127

Quite a bit yet. It's gonna get painful at the pump as soon as this stuff starts coming out of the pipeline. I started taking some profit last week. Still got plenty left in case this thing has legs.

I was in a bunch since Covid started but foolishly sold them (for nice profit) in January. I bought two of them back last week. I am in AR and CDEV now.

If you look on page 6 of this thread you will see talk of meat oversupply, low ag prices. That was a tremendous buying opportunity for farm land, agriculture stocks and grain contracts if a guy knows how to play that. I believe CASE IH stock was around $6--which I bought! John Deere a little over $100.... wheat was under $5 a bushel.

Farm land has doubled in some areas since then, and corn is over $7.

Amazon splitting 20:1 and buying back 10 billion. Glad I added 10 shares before earnings.

Amazon splitting 20:1 and buying back 10 billion. Glad I added 10 shares before earnings.
Sounds like future growth may be slowing...

I own 6 shares. Owned most them for several years and they have been decent. When most people think of Amazon they think of the package that comes to your door, but AWS is where the real money comes from. Hopefully the split performs similar to Apple a few years ago. Hope you get rewarded handsomely.

What would you guys put in your IRA this yr? Don't need anything flashy this go round. Thinking two good funds.

Went to a farmland auction yest. Raised our hands a few times but ducked out way before the final bid of 20,100/ac. It's crazy. Or is it.

What would you guys put in your IRA this yr? Don't need anything flashy this go round. Thinking two good funds.

Went to a farmland auction yest. Raised our hands a few times but ducked out way before the final bid of 20,100/ac. It's crazy. Or is it.
How many acres?

Online bids were coming in, but an old guy in street clothes took it. Rumor was he's tied in with the potential wind farm trying to get rooted, but facing resistance. Was a 160. Another nice 80 went for 19,850 in rural Mclean Co. Not sure of the details, never know when it's 1031 money. But still hard to believe a guy bid 20k here and came in 2nd.

I hear that Mclean county soil is among the finest quality soil in the world. Good place to grow 300 bushel corn.

Online bids were coming in, but an old guy in street clothes took it. Rumor was he's tied in with the potential wind farm trying to get rooted, but facing resistance. Was a 160. Another nice 80 went for 19,850 in rural Mclean Co. Not sure of the details, never know when it's 1031 money. But still hard to believe a guy bid 20k here and came in 2nd.
Hope that wind farm gets shot down. Only bigger scar on the land is a solar farm.

I hear that Mclean county soil is among the finest quality soil in the world. Good place to grow 300 bushel corn.
It's definitely up there. I think that county's average PI is 6th or 7th best overall in the state. A couple of it's smaller neighbors are top dog. Mclean is also the biggest county in our state and I read today it was tops in the nation for corn and bean production in '21. I think some of your soils in MN and where you are are just as good, up in the Red River valley too. Some of the IL soils have great subsoil that lacks sand or gravel, just solid clay that holds water well, long into the hot summer.