Stihl Motomix +1?

SD51555

5 year old buck +
Last year I bought a Stihl MS-250 from a Stihl dealer. The offered to add a year to my warranty if I bought the super special pre-mixed ethanol free Motomix. I haven't run my saw since about this time last year. I just used it and put it away.

I got it out tonight and gave it about 4 rips and it started to sputter. About 5 more and she was chugging back to life. Dare I say the Motomix was worth it? It's probably not worth it if you're running gallons a year through your saw, but it may be worth it for the last tank of the year when you're getting ready to store it.

When I did the math I think I figured it was about $8/gallon that they were getting for it.

stihl.PNG

I use ethanol free gas and seafoam in all my small engines. Everything starts right up year after year.

I use ethanol free gas & sta-bil.

High grade ethanol free, a gallon at a time when u know u wont need more. Half gallon if u need less.

I think i'm going to keep using it. The plain convenience of not mixing, buying oil, and having another gas can around appeal to me. I can't fathom using more than $10 worth per year. That is unless the powers that be get crazy about making some real bedding areas.