All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stihl Motomix +1?

SD51555

5 year old buck +
Last year I bought a Stihl MS-250 from a Stihl dealer. The offered to add a year to my warranty if I bought the super special pre-mixed ethanol free Motomix. I haven't run my saw since about this time last year. I just used it and put it away.

I got it out tonight and gave it about 4 rips and it started to sputter. About 5 more and she was chugging back to life. Dare I say the Motomix was worth it? It's probably not worth it if you're running gallons a year through your saw, but it may be worth it for the last tank of the year when you're getting ready to store it.

When I did the math I think I figured it was about $8/gallon that they were getting for it.

stihl.PNG

I use ethanol free gas and seafoam in all my small engines. Everything starts right up year after year.

I use ethanol free gas & sta-bil.

High grade ethanol free, a gallon at a time when u know u wont need more. Half gallon if u need less.

I think i'm going to keep using it. The plain convenience of not mixing, buying oil, and having another gas can around appeal to me. I can't fathom using more than $10 worth per year. That is unless the powers that be get crazy about making some real bedding areas.