Stand location "dispute"

I only hunt that stand when the wind comes from the west, northwest or north. I can't say that holds true for everybody :rolleyes:.

I tend to think my "opposition" tends to hunt it when he feels the urge and as such doesn't have as much luck hunting from there. This past season he hunted that location for a week from sun up to sun down and didn't see much. I hunted it a week later and killed my buck at 30 yards after being on stand for less than 30 minutes :D.

Sounds like you could use him as a poster child for the scent dispersal argument. That fact alone should be all the ammo you need to win that argument. A little "edumacation" in playing the wind might do him a bit of good.

As far as camo... I wouldn't worry about the blind. If i did anything, i do what Nofo said, and put stuff at the base. All of my towers have brush and or burlap where i climb up.

If it's just untreated wood, then a coat of spray wouldn't hurt. I would do that for longevity, though, not camo.

Sounds like you could use him as a poster child for the scent dispersal argument. That fact alone should be all the ammo you need to win that argument. A little "edumacation" in playing the wind might do him a bit of good.

He's a poster child alright!

Tell you what, you can describe him to me - I'm just going to paint a general picture with a single sentence and I bet over 75% of the sterotypes you mention will be accurate!

Michael Waddell is a god as far as he is concerned.

GO!

At least you didn't say Bob Mercier!

At least you didn't say Bob Mercier!

Don't know Mercier.

Go ahead Wisc - take a stab at it!

Maybe I'm wrong - maybe I am just a D#$% - but I bet I'm not. Wrong that is - I know I'm a D#$%.

First you need to google Mercier.

Ok, his pickup is a fully camouflaged Chevy covered up in Bone Collector stickers, full on Bone Collector tattoo(maybe more than 1), and has the full collection of BC action figures.
BC.jpg
How did I do?

No camo - I don't think his wife will let him.
Bingo on the BC sticker
No tat.
I don't want to know about the BC action figure - I'm sure his kids have had one at some point in time.

I got a PERFECT example - he calls his lawn mower a "tractor" - 'nuff said!

HEY NOW!!! I used to call this a tractor!

bolens HT-20.jpg

This is not mine, but the one I had was the same except for the backhoe and bucket, we had a 48" tiller on the back and a snowblower on the front of ours. Then we got a Farmall H. Thing that sucked about that was it didn't have a 3 point or a Quickhitch, only a drawbar.:(

No Wisc - his has a mower deck, no loader, no backhoe, no hitch, no PTO - it's a lawn mower.....you know, with a cup holder!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I know, that's what I figured you meant. He doesn't call you T-bone does he? He doesn't say "freak nasty" all the time does he? "Thunder chicken!"? "Shakka Lakka Boom!"?

Hey now. My John Deere tractor has a cupholder, a 38" deck, a quick hitch to hook up my aerator & dethatcher, and it takes me 45 minutes to farm my grass. Lol

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I know, that's what I figured you meant. He doesn't call you T-bone does he? He doesn't say "freak nasty" all the time does he? "Thunder chicken!"? "Shakka Lakka Boom!"?

No - but the time he texted "BBD" I about threw up!

Exactly West Branch!

tractor.jpg

There are also people that call their SUVs "trucks". Can't stand that. Even a pickup has to be at least a 1 ton before I call it a truck. And it should also be used as a truck. I would rather drive a prius than be one of those guys that drives a big diesel around daily that has big tires, a lift kit, big bumper, constantly cleaned and it never gets used for a bit of work. Those ones usually have the BC sticker and/or the Under Armor antler decals in the back window and some sort of camo something.

What is really sad about that WB is that my '05 minivan I use to get back and forth to work is titled and registered as a truck by the WI DMV?!? I still only pay fees as if it were a car, but the paperwork all says "truck"? And no, it doesn't have any decals whatsoever. ;):D

What is really sad about that WB is that my '05 minivan I use to get back and forth to work is titled and registered as a truck by the WI DMV?!? I still only pay fees as if it were a car, but the paperwork all says "truck"? And no, it doesn't have any decals whatsoever. ;):D

You could at least get some camo seat covers in that thing!

I would rather drive a prius than be one of those guys that drives a big diesel around daily that has big tires, a lift kit, big bumper, constantly cleaned and it never gets used for a bit of work. Those ones usually have the BC sticker and/or the Under Armor antler decals in the back window and some sort of camo something.

WB - Do you know my "opposition"????

I tell everybody my "pick-up" (only 1/2 ton so I guess it isn't a true truck) runs better dirty! It hasn't been washed in at least a year. Is scratched to hell and back because of driving thru weeds and along corn fields, has piles of bark in the bed from hauling wood and often a blood stain on the bumper from deer in the back and the one bed rail is beat to crap because my son pulled a power pole down on it over the summer. She isn't pretty by any means - but she's mine. Oh and NO stickers! When I am concerned about fuel (and get it running again) I drive a '85 ford ranger to work - it's my beater!

What, no stacks coming up out of the bed? No semi tires? No 2' mirrors off the side of the cab? 5 lights above the cab?

truck.jpg

That looks much more like my "oppositions" truck than mine.

Mine is covered in gravel dust, got scratches, dings and dents a tail light being held in with duct-tape, no lift, no lights, no stacks - oh and it don't blow no black smoke!

I have tossed pieces of firewood into the side of my truck and as long as it doesn't bust a window, light or mirror - I just laugh! Like a rock - baby! An ugly rock, but a rock all the same.