Stand location "dispute"

My daughter absolutely goes off when she sees a truck like the one in the picture. She thinks they are totally ridiculous. She saw one at a gas station one time and wanted me to pull in so she could ask the guy what he was "compensating" for, much to her chagrin, it was a female driving it. :eek::D

That truck does look a bit like the one my brother-in-law bought a few months ago. He is about 6' 8" tall and 280# so I kept my comments to myself :D. He is a farmer and uses it for farming, so at least it is getting some good use.

It's the ones that look like that and don't have a trailer hitch or fifth-wheel hook-up in the bed that grind her gears. LOL Farmers for farming she totally gets.

Last edited:
When i lived and hunted in the 'burbs....i used to get the biggest chuckle out of "rigs' like that parked along side the road near woodlots etc during archery season....how about you just buy a bill board that reads...."someone is hunting here!". Couple of reasons in those areas not to advertise your presence as a hunter....1) the antis, 2) other hunters poaching your spot.

We have more than our fair share of those trucks in my area ever since the natural gas money started rolling in....some of them get worked....lots of them do not.

as far as moving that tower or not.....it sounds like it has a proven track record where it currently resides...tell the opposition to go pound sand.

as far as moving that tower or not.....it sounds like it has a proven track record where it currently resides...tell the opposition to go pound sand.

Yep - stand stays put - if HE wants to camo it - fine by me. I got real work to get done!

Yep - stand stays put - if HE wants to camo it - fine by me. I got real work to get done!
that sounds dicey....his idea of camo might be Bone Collector decals plastered all over it....lol

that sounds dicey....his idea of camo might be Bone Collector decals plastered all over it....lol

Funny - I'll tell him he can camo it, but it has to be mossy oak! I doubt he will catch on that I'm making fun!

o_OI would want it to be Realtree anyway.;):p

Zactly!

I should offer to camo paint it - after all since he made the suggestion, the least I could do would be to do the work!

pink camo.jpg

See how he likes that!

Told you I was a D#$%!!!!

Too funny! I bet even your youngest would refuse to sit in it then! I know mine would, she hates pink! The wife decided to by her a new case for her rifle and got her a camo one with the slight traces of pastel pink in the background and she almost refused to put her gun in it and wanted to make the wife take it back. It might have been 10% pink at the most, I LMAO at that one.

she hates pink!

Yep - mine too. Even though mine is ornery enough to know what I was up to and would see the humor in it - not sure where she get's it from!

I took a pic of her once spreading rye in a plot - I couldn't post it......she gave me the finger!

She was looking at guns once and saw a hot pink .22 - she looked at me and pointed and said, "Dad - you see that...... NO. Hell - NO!" Did I mention she is outspoken as well........again, not sure where she gets it from. I'm going to have to have a talk with her mother!!!!! She picking it up from somewhere!

Pink camo works great if your trying to hide somewhere in freaking CANDYLAND!!!!

Funny - I'll tell him he can camo it, but it has to be mossy oak! I doubt he will catch on that I'm making fun!
If he's a hard core real tree guy....his head might explode...and then you win! I like realtree better myself...lol

I took a pic of her once spreading rye in a plot - I couldn't post it......she gave me the finger!
She was looking at guns once and saw a hot pink .22 - she looked at me and pointed and said, "Dad - you see that...... NO. Hell - NO!" Did I mention she is outspoken as well........again, not sure where she gets it from.!
Sounds exactly like the one I still have at home! There is no mistaking where mine gets it from, and it ain't mamma.

I think you should beware of the rusted out truck with rye growing in the dirt in the box and with blood on the tailgate.

A cracked windshield is another good sign and at least one mud flap in place, even of it ain't straight.

truck with rye growing in the dirt in the box and with blood on the tailgate.

Bur - you too!

Mine isn't rusted.......yet. I did have rye growing in the bed and blood on the tailgate or bumper is a sign of success where I come from!

I like parking right next to those "pretty" trucks, watch them boys come out in there logo covered fancy camo and just cringe! They typically have bags full of "deer attractant", but they ain't baiting, and their fancy bottles of deer pee and the latest deer call or gadget of some sort. I just shake my head and smile - they'll figure it out sooner or later I guess.