Spraying food plots with fruit trees

I spray cleth, prowl h20 and atrazine in a ridiculously strong rate around my fruit trees. They will stay 95% weed and grass free the entire yr. Spray far enough outside the cages that you can safely mow around them getting everything cut.

You should see my cage graveyard........

bill
Between catching them on an FEL or a sprayer boom....I have had some dandies come out from under my rotary mower! Usually that goes something like..."man, these weeds are worse than I thought...I know there is a caged tree around here....."crash, bang, grumble, grumble" goes the mower.....and out flies this mangled ball of wire. SON-OF-A-#$%^& .....found it!!!! There goes 2 or 3 years worth of work down the drain!!!

If you haven't mangled a cage or mowed over a tree you have planted.....you ain't no "experienced" habitat guy. It's just one of those things....

I spray cleth, prowl h20 and atrazine in a ridiculously strong rate around my fruit trees. They will stay 95% weed and grass free the entire yr. Spray far enough outside the cages that you can safely mow around them getting everything cut.

works well

Paul Knox described and recommended this combo years ago in a classic tree planting thread

bill

I do have some nutsedge trying to populate around this plot so we have to deal with it, spot spray it is. Thanks!

If I broadcast clover seed into poor existing frost seed in this area would it possibly take without having the ground worked?

For nuts edge, I would look at a product called sedgehammer. It is a highly selective, and HIGHLY effective sedge specific herbicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For nuts edge, I would look at a product called sedgehammer. It is a highly selective, and HIGHLY effective sedge specific herbicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sprayed with s hammer about 4 weeks ago and no change, just more nut sedge