All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sprayers

wooduck

5 year old buck +
I know that most here apply with either backpack or small conventional sprayers if you spray at all . After viewing threads for awhile the question comes to mind quite a few of this forums members have considerable more trees than the average backyard grower . Have you ever considered or looked into mist blowers for your orchards , they can be a real game changer by depositing materials better and actually allows less chem for desired results . There are low cost machines out there that will fit four wheelers or small tractors and provide much better control for critical spray events . Just some random thoughts

Hey Woodduck, Do you have a recommendation for an ATV or small tractor sprayer? I have been using a NorthStar hi pressure sprayer with a mist nozzle.
Thanks!

I know that most here apply with either backpack or small conventional sprayers if you spray at all . After viewing threads for awhile the question comes to mind quite a few of this forums members have considerable more trees than the average backyard grower . Have you ever considered or looked into mist blowers for your orchards , they can be a real game changer by depositing materials better and actually allows less chem for desired results . There are low cost machines out there that will fit four wheelers or small tractors and provide much better control for critical spray events . Just some random thoughts
Please give me a recommendation for a mist sprayer I have a 75 hp tractor and about 400 trees. I always thought they were way more expensive thae 3 pt sprayers

Last edited:
Please give me a recommendation for a mist sprayer I have a 75 hp tractor and about 400 trees. I always thought they were way more expensive thae 3 pt sprayers
They are higher but considering chem use and effectiveness no comparison , our first mist type sprayer when we started was a game changer the difference in spray deposition can not be compared we used a 40 horse tractor and purchased that one from swihart sales, most brands are comparable, Martins repair in PA carries some nice smaller versions 717-733-3015 .

When we used the first unit we had about 800 trees in and could spray them all in an hour including mix time .

Sorry about the slow response don't check daily

They are higher but considering chem use and effectiveness no comparison , our first mist type sprayer when we started was a game changer the difference in spray deposition can not be compared we used a 40 horse tractor and purchased that one from swihart sales, most brands are comparable, Martins repair in PA carries some nice smaller versions 717-733-3015 .

When we used the first unit we had about 800 trees in and could spray them all in an hour including mix time .

Sorry about the slow response don't check daily
Dave

Can you give me a brand name and maybe some specs to go by. I have about 400 trees to spray each time

Paul

Paul I would look up Swihart Sales they show some nice photos on line and price compare features ect with Martins Repair most of these units have good agitation recirculation ,,we use a fair amount of organic products at times also and to get those to work well good coverage is essential .

Your most limiting factor is tank weight for a seventy horse tractor , power is not going to be a limiting factor but total weight on the three point can be a concern , our original one had a fifty gal tank and forty horse tractor

Paul I would look up Swihart Sales they show some nice photos on line and price compare features ect with Martins Repair most of these units have good agitation recirculation ,,we use a fair amount of organic products at times also and to get those to work well good coverage is essential .

Your most limiting factor is tank weight for a seventy horse tractor , power is not going to be a limiting factor but total weight on the three point can be a concern , our original one had a fifty gal tank and forty horse tractor
I don't think weight is an issue as I can carry and lift a 7 shank disc with my tractor. Thanks I use 60 gallon sprayer now but with hand spray