Sprayers

wooduck

5 year old buck +
I know that most here apply with either backpack or small conventional sprayers if you spray at all . After viewing threads for awhile the question comes to mind quite a few of this forums members have considerable more trees than the average backyard grower . Have you ever considered or looked into mist blowers for your orchards , they can be a real game changer by depositing materials better and actually allows less chem for desired results . There are low cost machines out there that will fit four wheelers or small tractors and provide much better control for critical spray events . Just some random thoughts

Hey Woodduck, Do you have a recommendation for an ATV or small tractor sprayer? I have been using a NorthStar hi pressure sprayer with a mist nozzle.
Thanks!

I know that most here apply with either backpack or small conventional sprayers if you spray at all . After viewing threads for awhile the question comes to mind quite a few of this forums members have considerable more trees than the average backyard grower . Have you ever considered or looked into mist blowers for your orchards , they can be a real game changer by depositing materials better and actually allows less chem for desired results . There are low cost machines out there that will fit four wheelers or small tractors and provide much better control for critical spray events . Just some random thoughts
Please give me a recommendation for a mist sprayer I have a 75 hp tractor and about 400 trees. I always thought they were way more expensive thae 3 pt sprayers

Last edited:
Please give me a recommendation for a mist sprayer I have a 75 hp tractor and about 400 trees. I always thought they were way more expensive thae 3 pt sprayers
They are higher but considering chem use and effectiveness no comparison , our first mist type sprayer when we started was a game changer the difference in spray deposition can not be compared we used a 40 horse tractor and purchased that one from swihart sales, most brands are comparable, Martins repair in PA carries some nice smaller versions 717-733-3015 .

When we used the first unit we had about 800 trees in and could spray them all in an hour including mix time .

Sorry about the slow response don't check daily

They are higher but considering chem use and effectiveness no comparison , our first mist type sprayer when we started was a game changer the difference in spray deposition can not be compared we used a 40 horse tractor and purchased that one from swihart sales, most brands are comparable, Martins repair in PA carries some nice smaller versions 717-733-3015 .

When we used the first unit we had about 800 trees in and could spray them all in an hour including mix time .

Sorry about the slow response don't check daily
Dave

Can you give me a brand name and maybe some specs to go by. I have about 400 trees to spray each time

Paul

Paul I would look up Swihart Sales they show some nice photos on line and price compare features ect with Martins Repair most of these units have good agitation recirculation ,,we use a fair amount of organic products at times also and to get those to work well good coverage is essential .

Your most limiting factor is tank weight for a seventy horse tractor , power is not going to be a limiting factor but total weight on the three point can be a concern , our original one had a fifty gal tank and forty horse tractor

Paul I would look up Swihart Sales they show some nice photos on line and price compare features ect with Martins Repair most of these units have good agitation recirculation ,,we use a fair amount of organic products at times also and to get those to work well good coverage is essential .

Your most limiting factor is tank weight for a seventy horse tractor , power is not going to be a limiting factor but total weight on the three point can be a concern , our original one had a fifty gal tank and forty horse tractor
I don't think weight is an issue as I can carry and lift a 7 shank disc with my tractor. Thanks I use 60 gallon sprayer now but with hand spray