Sprayer for back of Polaris ranger

I considered going with a 3 Point sprayer for my tractor. I really like roller PTO pumps. But....I just like operating the UTV better when spraying as it's more nimble and I can do multiple things on my property without having to change implements. The sprayer stays on the back of my Honda UTV most of the time. The back of my tractor normally carries the flail mower or my drill. Switching implements takes time and lots of tweaking to get stuff set right again.

Why go through Northern Tool and not factory direct?
Yep....saw that after I ordered. Same prices.....and ships direct.....so? No diff I suppose.

I use this one. But found rebranded at a much better price.

Eventually I put new higher gpm pump. Sprayer gun and hose. I find If you Teflon tape and reseal all hoses they work better. This is trailer hitch boomless I use.

I bought cheap ones till I said enough. I would rather have 1000 in one that works most every time than crossing my fingers on a 300 dollar rig.
Have a link to the rebranded model?

I have a 60 gallon boomless three point sprayer,but it gets used less and less these days. I also had a 25 gallon on a trailer (that was very low to the ground) that I pulled around the yard with my mower. I hung a pine limb under the trailer and bent it pretty badly so I took the tank off and made a platform to fit in the bed of my side by side. I have food plots on three different properties and it’s just much handier to use the CanAm than the tractor. No issues with the boom being higher than it was, in fact I think I get a wider spray pattern.

Last edited:
Anxiously awaiting for my new Master sprayer to arrive so I can put down more herbicide. I had one area where the clover was growing again after nuking it last week.....and hoped to nuke this area today.....and plant my NWoods Whitetail Sorghum (which requires a non-competitive start).

Anyway....wanted to limp my sprayer though a short run to knock this clover back. Sprayer didn't go 25 yards before crapping out. (plugged). No filters to clean on the sprayer.....must be some manufacturing crud in the lines? Dunno. Tank was leaking at the joint of the outlet hose. No way to drain.....without disassembly.....again. @#$%^&*())(*&^%$#$%^&*( P.O.S.

I got a pail under the tank outlet and took it apart to drain.....spilling Glyphosate on my shed floor as there is no way to drain it without it splashing on the plywood base I needed to fasten to my UTV. I've been down this path about 5 times now with these POS sprayers. Just venting here......and waiting on my new sprayer to ship....while sitting on my hands. If someone starts a Class Action Lawsuit against FIMCO....please let me know. tempImage8cDu3c.jpgtempImageISsQ4x.pngtempImageSijrrf.jpg

I idd collect most of the mix from the tank and used a hand held, two-gallon tank sprayer to give the area another shot. You can see the clover recovering above from my nuking last week.

Keep us posted.
Happy Spraying!

I've been trying to decide between going with a cheaper fimco or something a little better for a few hundred more. I think this thread just pushed me over the edge. Looking to spray ~50acres of pasture in a UTV bc of the same reasons you stated with 3pt sprayers. I am hoping 50-60gal is enough to at least do 7-10acs per fill up but haven't quite done the math on everything yet. In Oklahoma, commerial applicators are hard to find if you don't have a >100acs and a single application is typically close to or more than the same price as a fimco sprayer. Hope you enjoy the new spray rig!

I've been trying to decide between going with a cheaper fimco or something a little better for a few hundred more. I think this thread just pushed me over the edge. Looking to spray ~50acres of pasture in a UTV bc of the same reasons you stated with 3pt sprayers. I am hoping 50-60gal is enough to at least do 7-10acs per fill up but haven't quite done the math on everything yet. In Oklahoma, commerial applicators are hard to find if you don't have a >100acs and a single application is typically close to or more than the same price as a fimco sprayer. Hope you enjoy the new spray rig!
Friends don't let friends buy Fimco...

Have a link to the rebranded model?
To me it looks like it could be the same as the Rural King sprayers. The Rural King Deluxe Atv was $325 I think versus $450 for Master MFG.

I think you would struggle to spray 7-10 acres with a 50-60 gallon tank. Probably count on 3 acres per tank.

I agree,most herbicides use around 10-12 gal per acre. If you have a tractor I would get a 3pt sprayer with booms which you can probably get cheaper at a farm auction.I run a 50 and a 25 at the same time in bed of my ranger so you could do this and get a couple more acres by just switching power and hose over to other tank.

Finally applied some insecticide with my new Master Mfg UTV sprayer. Gotta say this was a joy to operate. No drips, no leaks, no malfunctions. Really fit nicely into my Honda UTV and really dont need to even tie it down (but I did fasten a strap over it anyway. Clean-up and rinsing worked really slick. Just pump all the chemical out (or drain via the well designed sump drain) and put some clean water in the tank while using the spay nozzle. Remove the 1/4 turn fitting on the end of the spray boom.....and seconds later your spraying clean water. Easy and keeps waste of chemicals to a bare minimum. Everything is easy to reach from the drivers seat......and I really like the bracket for the short boom......which allows me to close the tailgate. The sprayer costs double of a Flimco.....but it's worth it......IMO.
tempImage1Kntcv.jpgtempImageru93aB.jpg