Soybeans planted in fall?

QDMWRKS

A good 3 year old buck
Can I substitute the peas in the LC grain mix with soybeans? I know they won't mature, but would I get enough growth for the "deer candy" aspect? Also, would inoculating the soybean seed get me notably better results? Thanks.

You can certainly replace peas for soybeans. Innoculating the beans won't help from a plant growth perspective much in my opinion in a fall planting - you can actually plant soybeans right out of the combine if you want. Inoculation simply helps the plant convert and store nitrogen. Just keep in mind soybeans or cow peas will die due to frost winter peas will survive that frost and last longer - any of them will create that "candy" in the plot.

I have planted soy beans, and sunflowers in the fall, the deer never let them grow. Actually between the bears, the turkeys, and the black birds, I dont think any of the seeds had a chance to germinate. But when I planted them in July in the past, they sure were in there daily keeping it mowed down.

I planted some last week right before the rain and will plant wheat where they are around end of sept

Can I substitute the peas in the LC grain mix with soybeans? I know they won't mature, but would I get enough growth for the "deer candy" aspect? Also, would inoculating the soybean seed get me notably better results? Thanks.

Just plant them. They wont amount to much, but it will be easy picking for the deer until it freezes.

Mine are just about an inch tall. They were planted last Monday after a nice rain. Today we had about 3/4 inch. Everything already looks so much greener!

I throw them in the LC mix instead of peas. Serve the same purpose on my farms.

I throw them in the LC mix instead of peas. Serve the same purpose on my farms.

I do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk