All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southern Farmland Zone no December 11-14 anterless hunt?

B

BJE80

I was planning on gun hunting this weekend on a farm in the Southern Farmland zone only to find out they changed the rules now and only have the 11-14 hunt in the central farm and central forest zone. They do have the holiday hunt for the southern zone. What was the reason for changing the rules to not allow the Dec 11-14 anterless hunt in the southern zone?

Yes, the holiday hunt is in the Southern Farmland Zone only and runs from Dec 24th to Jan 1st or 2nd IIRC. Not sure of the reason for the elimination of the 4 day mid-Dec hunt though, I didn't see any reason for that move and can't figure out why they would have removed it in the first place.

You must be getting inside info or be a swami NoFo, because I have been checking everywhere for any leaks of this info and I have found nothing.

Stay tuned guys emergency phone calls tonight to the big game committee probably means emergency antlerless hunts as the doe harvest in the herd control counties was turrbull my guess is holiday hunt for the central farmland zone as well with discounted tags
You think they are capable of this? It sure seems the dnr wheels spin slowly.
Is the southern change out of no where? Or has it been set up for months?

You think they are capable of this? It sure seems the dnr wheels spin slowly.
Is the southern change out of no where? Or has it been set up for months?

It was in the Regs from the beginning this year. I am a bit surprised by this change though. In areas in the south that need does shot this was a good tool. I doubt that many people go out during Christmas during the Holiday hunt. Maybe I am wrong.

double post

That's what I thought too. There will be more Cwd positive tests in central wi, I'd bet there will be a holiday hunt next year. All the deer I shot and were tested, came back negative.

Just curious dipper, how many did you actually test out of the ones you shot?

6 were tested
maybe well see that hunt this year. U think they'd announce it sooner than later.

Were those free or did you pay? How long before you got the results back? I am really only asking because I am curious about the direction the DNR is moving with CWD monitoring.

I donated them and the tests were free. I'm technically in a Cwd zone, all registered deer get a red tag when they are registered, instead of the silver. The deer were killed from mid sept-earlyOctober. The results came around October 20th, can't remember exactly when. You have to give them the exact location of kill, township, section #, parcel description.

Last edited by a moderator: