Something to think about if planting corn again.

Most problems food plotters have is they are tight with money.

I resemble this remark. Where I luck out is my soils were somewhat decent to start with. I add amendments every year (not to the full amount the soil test calls for though) slowing trying to get PH, P & K up. It helps I'm only doing 2-3 acres.

Try to be smart with what I plant, I'm not going to try planting corn multiple years in a row. I will rotate a few years of legumes to try build up the nitrogen and then plant something that will use it.

Somehow my daughters ended up with a bunch of rabbits as pets. I don't really like the little buggers, but they are fertilizer producing machines and that all gets put on the plots.

Buckdeer 1, post #8 - We planted RR corn this past year and used gly on it. It did well enough to make ears and provide winter standing food for game. We're on a mountaintop at an old farmstead location. We have all kinds of weeds in our corn plots, not just grass. If we went to specific sprays for different weeds, we'd be spending lots of $$$. The RR corn was given to us from a farmer that wasn't going to farm corn anymore. The gly killed everything that sprouted in the corn, so we had clean corn plots.

I was just asking if the RR trait is the only one necessary for food plotting if we aren't there to baby the plots all summer.