Solar power

buckdeer1

5 year old buck +
Does anyone have a solar system they use for powering lights at the cabin or buildings?I have a system but not impressed with how it is doing

Does anyone have a solar system they use for powering lights at the cabin or buildings?I have a system but not impressed with how it is doing
I've been on solar for 4 years. What's going on?

Oh now you’re in the SD wheelhouse. Please don’t ask about the flat earth or NASA.

He does know his solar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The stars don't move, whether it's 7pm or 5am, July or January, and you know it. It's not a ball, and it's not spinning.

But let's stick to solar. I love talking about solar.

I was really hoping to have a conversation about solar. I feel like I’ve been robbed.

The stars don't move, whether it's 7pm or 5am, July or January, and you know it. It's not a ball, and it's not spinning.

But let's stick to solar. I love talking about solar.
I'll bite. What do you mean the stars don't move? Either the earth is moving or the stars are.

I'll bite. What do you mean the stars don't move? Either the earth is moving or the stars are.
Working on it...

Working on it...
Ok, all other stars (according to globe science) are outside of the suns orbit, so they do not move with us. With that said, every day (according to globe science) we make a full spin. As we spin, everything we see in the sky should be moving the opposite direction that we are spinning, because we are spinning independent of those stars. The moon makes it from east to west over the course of a night, but the stars don't move.

Now, every year, we also make a lap around the sun. So in July, we're looking in one direction away from the sun at night. In January, we're looking the complete opposite direction because we're on the other side of the sun.

The problem is, the north star is always in the same spot no matter what month it is. Isn't that weird? I've prepared a short diagram and explanation video below.

stars.PNG

Last edited:
Ok, all other stars (according to globe science) are outside of the suns orbit, so they do not move with us. With that said, every day (according to globe science) we make a full spin. As we spin, everything we see in the sky should be moving the opposite direction that we are spinning, because we are spinning independent of those stars. The moon makes it from east to west over the course of a night, but the stars don't move.

Now, every year, we also make a lap around the sun. So in July, we're looking in one direction away from the sun at night. In January, we're looking the complete opposite direction because we're on the other side of the sun.

The problem is, the north star is always in the same spot no matter what month it is. Isn't that weird? I've prepared a short diagram and explanation video below.

View attachment 51174

Isn't this explained by the hemispheres and the fact that the earth not only orbits the sun but also rotationally changes every 24 hours?

I'm trying to follow your diagram because I'm genuinely intrigued but a 2D drawing of a 4D solar system (allegedly) is apples to oranges.

View attachment 51174

Man, is that Chris Jericho of WWF fame?

Man, is that Chris Jericho of WWF fame?
That is the man himself. He also figured out who killed JFK, and who put the bomb on Hale Bogg's plane the day he vanished over Alaska.

A person could wonder about wobble and tilt, and that may explain some variation, but that north star does not move one bit, not over the course of a night, or a year. Around the winter solstice, we have upwards of 14+ hours of night. The north star is over my neighbors camper at 6pm, and it's still there at 6am, and it's there all year.

I have a 100watt panel and my controller is inside the barn,The fan on it runs almost constantly when it starts to get warm.This runs my battery down.I have it set to run LED lights on motion and one on a switch.I did notice either my battery boiled over or froze.I am thinking about moving controller .outside in summer.I do have another 100watt panel and everything to double power

I have a 100watt panel and my controller is inside the barn,The fan on it runs almost constantly when it starts to get warm.This runs my battery down.I have it set to run LED lights on motion and one on a switch.I did notice either my battery boiled over or froze.I am thinking about moving controller .outside in summer.I do have another 100watt panel and everything to double power
A few things I think would fix your situation:

*Get a new charge controller. For an outfit that size, it shouldn't cost too much. I got mine from Backwoods Solar. I would highly recommend calling them and talking to them about your situation. They will pick the right controller for your needs and ship to you. Every person that picks up the phone is an expert. I called them when I had charge controller issues last fall, and they hooked me up with a Victron that is outstanding. Easy to install, crazy efficient, and it gives me blue tooth data to see live battery status, power accumulation, usage etc.

*Upgrade to a sealed AGM battery. They cost more, but it should also last many many years on a good charge controller.

thanks

I love a good conspiracy theory hell I’m a card carrying member of the tinfoil hat club but the flat earth is a bit to far out there even for me at least while I’m sober after a few drinks who knows maybe it is flat.

I said not to ask him about the flat earth. Please, please don’t get him going on nasa.

I just installed 16 100W panels, 9 116ah deep cycle batteries, 3 charge controllers and a 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter at my hunting cabin. Did a ton of YouTube and internet research and it's working great to power internet, security, weather station, refrigerator and maple syrup pump (on a wifi switch) between my visits. Happy to answer any questions but it really wasn't that complicated. I put everything on a big sheet of plywood and hung it on the wall above the battery bank.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I just installed 16 100W panels, 9 116ah deep cycle batteries, 3 charge controllers and a 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter at my hunting cabin. Did a ton of YouTube and internet research and it's working great to power internet, security, weather station, refrigerator and maple syrup pump (on a wifi switch) between my visits. Happy to answer any questions but it really wasn't that complicated. I put everything on a big sheet of plywood and hung it on the wall above the battery bank.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

How many watts does your fridge pull? I had looked at trying to run a fridge on solar and I couldn’t get the math to work out.

1680130475946.png